Native Double Jump Option for the Platforming Behavior Problems

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
The plugin allows you to open OS settings on iOS 8/9/10 and Android.
  • I wanted to add double jump to my game, so, naturally, I used the native double jump feature for the platforming behavior, but I realized that if I just fall off of a platform, I can still double jump, and I feel like I should only be able to if I am not on the ground because I jumped on the first place. Is there an easy way to fix this or should I just code my solution?

• Hi ZeldaVerde (love the name) I just tried a little something that might help. This 2 event setup enables double jump only when the player hits the jump input and should work even if you change the input from default to something else since it enables on jump. It disables double jump again once you land. If you walk straight off a platform you get no jump and just fall. I hope this helps!

• Hi ZeldaVerde (love the name) I just tried a little something that might help. This 2 event setup enables double jump only when the player hits the jump input and should work even if you change the input from default to something else since it enables on jump. It disables double jump again once you land. If you walk straight off a platform you get no jump and just fall. I hope this helps!

Thanks (:! Probelm is, construct's on landed or is on floor is pretty buggy, and it loves to trigger when it really shouldn't for no reason. BTW, can you perhaps speak Portuguese or Spanish? I'm wondering because you apparently understood my name...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do not speak Portuguese or Spanish unfortunately. I would love to learn though. My mother's side is Portuguese. I do know some words in other languages, but just a few. I just happen to know that Verde means green and Zelda is 1 of my favorite series of all time LTTP being 1 of the first games I ever played and OOT being in my top 5. In regards to the on landed/on floor issue. You could substitute that action with if player is on collision with (floor object) then disable double jump. That also does the trick and avoids the on landed action. This may work out better for you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)