How do I load my ads efficiently? (Admob)

1 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
StartApp Ads
$11.99 USD
[ C2 ] [ C3 ] support C3 build service | You can use Banner Ads, Interstitial Ads and Video Reward Ads.
  • Hello!

I'm having issues with the eCPMs (same country composition, similar DAU and downloads) since my last update (android). For one side I placed new ad IDs, that take some days to get adjusted, but on the other side I changed the way I called them from the game, and I've read that doing too many 'calls' without showing may affect eCPM negatively. I'm seeing too many requests in the admob graphs, so this may be actually the issue.

I'd like to share how I'm doing it know to see if you guys think this may be a bad approach so I can iterate the system for the next update that is coming.

Approach nº1:

I had a medium floor rewarded interstitial and a low floor one. So I tried the "on [medium] failed to load, load [low]. I made a post for this because this didn't work and it may be a bug.

Approach nº2:

I created 2 ad units (medium floor rewarded interstitial) and (low floor) rewarded. I made a layout called Ads.

I added it as an aditional layouts to my other layouts. On the main screen I called the actions on the on the "start" layout.

On my map layout (where I need them) I call them this way, layout Ads is also included.

In one of the locations layouts "house" I have a part locked where I also use them.

My idea with this was always having an Ad ready, because in the past, some people couldn't get the ad when they needed, and also to simulate the waterfall. I priorize the mid floor and show the low if it's not loaded (fail wasn't worked :/)

The requests are crazy high... so this may not be a good solution after all...

All help and ideas is wellcomed and appreciated! Thank you!

• If you use ecpm floors it is fully normal that you don't get an ad every time you request one. If the user for some reason don't get any ad served (to high floor or any other reason), the app immidiately try to request one again, and again.. This can go into an infinite loop where the app make hundreds of ad requests in a very short period of time.

This will also decrease your match rate.

I believe Admob will probably block serving of ads to these users totally since the get swarmed with never ending requests.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you use ecpm floors it is fully normal that you don't get an ad every time you request one. If the user for some reason don't get any ad served (to high floor or any other reason), the app immidiately try to request one again, and again.. This can go into an infinite loop where the app make hundreds of ad requests in a very short period of time.

This will also decrease your match rate.

I believe Admob will probably block serving of ads to these users totally since the get swarmed with never ending requests.

Thank you for your response! Any idea on a better implementation :/ ?

• > If you use ecpm floors it is fully normal that you don't get an ad every time you request one. If the user for some reason don't get any ad served (to high floor or any other reason), the app immidiately try to request one again, and again.. This can go into an infinite loop where the app make hundreds of ad requests in a very short period of time.

> This will also decrease your match rate.

>

> I believe Admob will probably block serving of ads to these users totally since the get swarmed with never ending requests.

Thank you for your response! Any idea on a better implementation :/ ?

have you tried another plugin like ironSource?

use this and add admob mediation on ironsource

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)