How do I Make a life counter, as well as a collectible reset?

1 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Make a displayed number gradually increase or decrease, making an impression of a real-time counting.
  • What I mean is I already have a scoring system where my character collides with an object it adds to a counter. I wanna know how to have that counter reset to 0 after reaching 100, as well as rewarding the player with an extra life. I have a life counter just don't understand what event I need to use to start adding to the life counter. Thanks everyone!

• What I mean is I already have a scoring system where my character collides with an object it adds to a counter. I wanna know how to have that counter reset to 0 after reaching 100, as well as rewarding the player with an extra life. I have a life counter just don't understand what event I need to use to start adding to the life counter. Thanks everyone!

Maybe you can try :

when "character collides with an object it adds to a counter"

Add a sub event System Compare variable counter "equal to" 100 -> then Set counter to 0 (or do whatever you want, reward extra life by adding something to life variable)

Sorry If I misunderstanding what you need.. probably you can share some part of event or code here :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I do appreciate the help with this, and sorry if I didn't type it clearly enough to understand, i'm new lol. I already have a scoring system in place where you collide with an collectible, it adds to your score by 10. I wanted to know if when the score reaches 100, is there a way for me to make it to where the score resets and your rewarded with an extra life? I have a life system in place also, where you start the game with 3 lives. Hope this helps, thanks.

• maybe..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)