I've used Construct 2 few years ago, and before I buy Construct 3 I just want to know couple of things.
Would this be possible to make in C3:
1. Create large random array based on certain parameters, like this:
Were 0s would represent grass tiles and 1s would represent grass tiles with trees on them(RPG style).
2. Make a vague map out of this array. I'm guessing this part wouldn't be too difficult.
3. When the game starts load the correct tiles with the correct items on them. As the player moves up add more tiles on top and remove the ones on the bottom that are now out of sight.
4. If player cuts down a tree change that tile to 0 and save the array so the next time he gets there the tree won't reappear.
5. Trees would be also randomly assembled out of one random trunk sprite and one random treetop sprite and each level would have its own formula for tree.
That's basically it. Important question: How large can the arrays be? I want it to be easy to get lost in the wildernes, so the larger the better.
Apologies for being overly descriptive, but i really want to get the message across and possibly save myself couple of months of precious free time. Thank you in advance and happy developing!