How do i know why my game crash and don't delete the save?

Not favoritedFavorited Favorited 1 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
HTML5 Game Bundle (7 Games) – Created with Construct 3
  • Hello, my game is out now, but a lot of players are currently having issues with a crash deleting their saves, it's my first game and i've no idea why does it do it !

    I'm trying to find out the issues as hard as i can, but i need some help please, fellow developpers. Kisses, Jesuslasauce.

  • Hi.

    You are such a joker, how can anyone help you with just this message?

    Add the file "*.c3p" with a piece of code that leads to the crash and describe what actions lead to the crash and how exactly the crash occurs, is there any window or does the game just close or freeze.

  • Hello ! Sorry my english is bad, i just wanted some help to learn "How to know how/why a game crash".

    (How do i add a cp3 file here ?)

  • You can use any file storage and provide a link here.

    Check that it works.

  • thanks again https://limewire.com/d/RiJVx#qePU88Ixkl

    For info, players crash in any situation, with many props or not, but often when the score reach High.

  • thanks again https://limewire.com/d/RiJVx#qePU88Ixkl

    For info, players crash in any situation, with many props or not, but often when the score reach High.

    I tried to run your project to try to help, but the large number of addons didn't work and I couldn't find them all.

    You can check this checkbox before saving, and Construct3 will try to save those add-ons that allow it to the project file.

  • Omg so sorry i'm so clunky https://limewire.com/d/HQq3P#6Su19uu7fl Thanks for your kindness

  • Omg so sorry i'm so clunky https://limewire.com/d/HQq3P#6Su19uu7fl Thanks for your kindness

    This archive has only a compiled version for Windows.

    You need to activate that checkbox from the screenshot, then save it to a "*.c3p" file as in the first link and post it here.

  • https://limewire.com/d/eHvQx#pseMBFw5XQ Ok now its good !

  • https://limewire.com/d/eHvQx#pseMBFw5XQ Ok now its good !

    This is just a superficial analysis, I hope it helped. But I don't have time for a deeper investigation.

    I found two problems that caused the game to crash.

    - a very large memory leak, after a few minutes of playing it was already taking up 9GB of RAM on my PC.

    - a lot of bugs related to achievements, for example, my browser console crashed after a few minutes of playing. Screenshot below.

    I can't fix your memory leak because you're using a lot of third-party outdated plugins, I don't know if it's there or not.

    Try putting some of the code in separate groups and turning them off, and see if the leak goes away or not.

    But I'll help you with the errors with achievements.

    Look at the screenshot, you can see that adding achievements takes time, it's not an instant action and you do it hundreds of times in the code and every tick. Here is a screenshot of the part.

    That is, half of the load of your game is achievements.

    I suggest you check several times a second whether the Steam SDK is connected and only then check whether there is already such an achievement or add it, it is easy to redo.

    And in general, it is better to do such events on events that have triggers.

    I showed below.

    Your version when the timer runs out you spawn butterflies from all the caterpillars and try to add the achievement so many times, but it is terrible.

    I suggest you do it like on the screen, the timer runs out you spawn butterflies and only then if the SDK is activated you give the achievement.

  • Try Construct 3

    Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

    Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks a lot for ur help, i will work on it right now ! THANKS A LOT !! I'll come back with some review from the players. Thanks again ♥

  • Thanks a lot for ur help, i will work on it right now ! THANKS A LOT !! I'll come back with some review from the players. Thanks again ♥

    You have a nice promo on the game page, I especially liked the video.

    But I strongly advise you to add support for Linux and Steam dec.

    Construkt3 makes it easy to do.

    This will increase your visibility in Steam, even if you don't have Linux, you can easily boot from a Linux flash drive and test the game.

  • Okay i'll add that if i learn how to do it !

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 0 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 0 guests)