I'm not able to get Pick By Evaluate to work ;-; im pretty new to this

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Pick Up Items Sound effects for your game, Take them for a ride right now and you will worry no more.
  • I am creating an array, setting it's instance variable, and then editing it.

If I Pick By Last Created it works fine

If I Pick by Comparison where array instance variable is equal to what I set it to before, it doesn't work.

I've never used Pick before and I have a feeling this is a noob mistake ;-;

I've attached a photo:

Tagged:

• I am hoping to pick the array that with ChunkX=2 ;-; but it is not, I have looked at debugger and around a lot online trying to understand my mistake, even testing it on the pick tutorial example where it did work ;-; idk what I've done wrong

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ok so pick by evaluate is like the best coolest picking !!!

I'd need to see more of your code but

I think what'S happening here is

you need to wait 1 tick after creating an object before you can pick it !!

it'S like

one of those things that'S not really explained

IF you want i could teach you all about picking in voice chat ??

I made a bunch of picking posts on this forum but nothing beats a good 1 on 1 video chat on discord !!!

• omg, adding a one second wait made it work O_O You're a hero, I don't have a mic right now or I'd like to learn more, I'm also pretty close to figuring out infinite terrain generation today or tomorrow and I gotta see it happen cx

• try not to use "wait" events in your code because it can become a nightmare when there's bugs to find out what'S happening

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)