How do I ignore all instance except a particular one?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • https://www.dropbox.com/s/ukey3irsfdupj38/Ball%20Shooter.c3p?dl=0

In this project when the Redball is in action with the green Ball & if another instance of the green Ball comes near the Redball, the green Ball also stops. I am trying to work one green ball once at a time, that means when the Redball is positioning the angle of one green Ball all other instance of green Ball will ignore the events. If anyone can give me any hints that will be lifesaving! :)

control: When the green Ball is near Redball leftclick mouse to control the angle of green Ball & release mouse button to shoot in opposite direction.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could use the boolean instance variable to turn on 1 green ball only.

Then you can do the event with the green ball which boolean is true.

• You could use the boolean instance variable to turn on 1 green ball only.

Then you can do the event with the green ball which boolean is true.

Thank you for your reply. But sorry, I have tried with instance variables but couldn't get any decent comparison to make that will particularly differentiate only 1 green Ball at a time. Trying with instance variable either makes the Redball stop rotating or all the green Ball stick to the Redball. I know I must be making some silly mistake as I am new to Construct & it would be really helpful if you can give a clear explanation on how can I use the instance variable properly. :)

• You can set the state for the green ball as you have done and also set the state for the red ball to show that it is in use, here fixed : dropbox.com/s/vs9e45pjj8v72d1/Ball%20Shooter.c3p

• You can set the state for the green ball as you have done and also set the state for the red ball to show that it is in use, here fixed : dropbox.com/s/vs9e45pjj8v72d1/Ball%20Shooter.c3p

Thank you for your quick fix, you really saved me! All this instance thing goes over my head. Thank you again so much! ^_^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)