any idear to make Diablo like text ,not use Spritefont cause i need use Chinese language thanks

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • any idear to make Diablo like text ,not use Spritefont cause i need use Chinese language thanks

• Fontforge is an open source program to create fonts. It uses svg to create the characters so you can design them how you want. It is also pretty easy to learn.

I do want to ask, why would using Chinese Hanzi characters mean you are unable to use a spritefont? Spritefont objects allow you to define the characters you are replacing. It isn't just for English character sets.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Generally speaking, sprite fonts and Chinese have never worked particularly well together, because generating and processing sprites for 20 thousand characters is not very efficient.

• Fontforge is an open source program to create fonts. It uses svg to create the characters so you can design them how you want. It is also pretty easy to learn.

I do want to ask, why would using Chinese Hanzi characters mean you are unable to use a spritefont? Spritefont objects allow you to define the characters you are replacing. It isn't just for English character sets.

cause i need make add many text for my game ,Chinese had

Thousands of characters

• Generally speaking, sprite fonts and Chinese have never worked particularly well together, because generating and processing sprites for 20 thousand characters is not very efficient.

cause i need make add many text for my game ,Chinese had Thousands of characters

Interesting. Thank you for letting me know. This is something I was unaware of. However, I fail to see how creating a spritefont will be any different than creating any type of font. In either case, you are still required to design all the characters needed. Whether it is an actual font or a spritefont, it doesn't change the number of required characters.

You would probably be better off looking for a royalty free character set already available online.

• Normal fonts are vectors, sprite fonts are bitmaps. Normal fonts for Chinese are usually procedurally generated, I'm guessing.

You can definitely generate Chinese character sprite fonts from a normal font, but loading and referencing such a large file into memory could cause problems.

There are hacky type solutions out there that only load subsets of the font when required, but I have no idea how to go about implementing such a thing.

The bigger problem is that no one wants to design a nice looking diablo style font in Chinese for some 20,000 characters (actually 50,000, but most of those never get used).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)