!!HELP!! Unwanted Floating During Animation

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Howdy all! New guy here. I have a severly noobish problem that im sure is a simple fix, but google has helped 0. My problem is simple: My sprite has an Idle, Jumping, and Walking animation right now. Idle and Jumping give me no issues and work as intended. However, whenever I walk, the character sprite is moved up a couple feet and the character moreso "walk-floats" over the ground tiles as opposed to just moving ON the ground tiles. My other animations are working as intended, i've checked the collision boxes and that checks out, my origin point is where it needs to be, all of that i've trouble shooted thoroughly. So I am reaching out, maybe somebody knows of an option I dont know about or something. Appreciate any and all help in advance! My process with this engine has been excellent until this point, so this is quite dis-concerting.

• Difficult to tell what's causing this without more info. If you aren't already, you should use a "holding" object to handle the player's movement and collisions. Just set it to be a single frame with whatever collision shape you want. Then parent the player sprite to that object.

Basically the idea is that you shouldn't change animations on the object that handles movement.

See this tutorial if you haven't already: construct.net/en/tutorials/platformer-game-2329/page-5

• Check the tile collisions.

Go to the editor and show the collision polygon.

If you are using tileset, check also the tile collisions

Other than that , I think the problem is the collision box in your sprite

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • GeoffB SyndiPlay . Thank you guys for your responses. I'm sure its not easy to tell with my word vomit of a paragraph. I'd be more than happy to send videos if there is a way to do so on here. Or if I could upload what im working on as a demo of some sort for folks to look at. In the meantime, i'll look into the collisions again and see what's what. Thank you guys again!

• Hi.

Go into the animation editor and check the "origins" position on all frames. This point is responsible for the position of the sprite on the layout. You may have it shifted down after cropping or another place outside of the sprite.

• igortyhon This was it. I did not realize that the origin point still mattered if you had made your own. I assumed the created point would override the origin point. The sprite is still a few pixels higher than he needs to be but at this point i'm certain I just need to tweak some numbers and all is good. Thank you very much for your help! I'm appreciating how helpful the community is.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)