Help with my Bullet-Hell.

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • I'm currently trying to make a boss for my bullet-hell style game, but I seem to not be understanding something. How would I make it to where whenever a projectile spawns, it just goes straight away from the point of origin of the mob that fired it? That may be bad wording, I know how I'd be doing this on a different game engine, but on here I have literally 0 ideas.

• -Add the bullet behaviour to the bullet

-When you spawn the bullets set Sprite.bullet.Angle_of_Motion, which normally will be something like:

angle(Boss.X, Boss.Y, Player.X, Player.Y) + maybe some variance to spread the bullets

-Also, you could add image points on the boss if you have a specific point on the boss that you want the bullets to spawn from, then you can use the same set angle of motion but this time referencing the image points.

angle(Boss.imagepointX("Name"), Boss.imagepointY("Name"), Player.X, Player.Y)

• -Add the bullet behaviour to the bullet

-When you spawn the bullets set Sprite.bullet.Angle_of_Motion, which normally will be something like:

angle(Boss.X, Boss.Y, Player.X, Player.Y) + maybe some variance to spread the bullets

-Also, you could add image points on the boss if you have a specific point on the boss that you want the bullets to spawn from, then you can use the same set angle of motion but this time referencing the image points.

angle(Boss.imagepointX("Name"), Boss.imagepointY("Name"), Player.X, Player.Y)

Yeah, I'm trying to copy and paste and replace with the actual names, but it seems to be confused by the use of commas to separate things. Is it supposed to be something else?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It was more of a guide to know what you need to do, not for copy-paste sorry.

A tip for the future, if you start typing construct it will show you all available expressions so you just need to pick the ones I showed you.

Here is an example to make it easier:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llydhy397ex0u7i/Bullet%20Hell.c3p?dl=0

• It was more of a guide to know what you need to do, not for copy-paste sorry.

A tip for the future, if you start typing construct it will show you all available expressions so you just need to pick the ones I showed you.

Here is an example to make it easier:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/llydhy397ex0u7i/Bullet%20Hell.c3p?dl=0

Interesting, and what about for attacks that aren't angled towards the player? like a 360 burst style thing?

• Interesting, and what about for attacks that aren't angled towards the player? like a 360 burst style thing?

Is the same logic but more bullets spread across the 360 degrees.

Basically, any burst will be the same logic, the only thing difference is:

-How many bullets to shoot

-And between which Angles to spawn.

-Set Bullet Angle

I Reuploaded the example, you can download it from the same link above.

Also, I fixed a small mistake on the ImagePoint name I put "Bullets" instead of "Bullet", it should be fixed now.

• > Interesting, and what about for attacks that aren't angled towards the player? like a 360 burst style thing?

Is the same logic but more bullets spread across the 360 degrees.

Basically, any burst will be the same logic, the only thing difference is:

-How many bullets to shoot

-And between which Angles to spawn.

-Set Bullet Angle

I Reuploaded the example, you can download it from the same link above.

Also, I fixed a small mistake on the ImagePoint name I put "Bullets" instead of "Bullet", it should be fixed now.

Odd, for some reason your new example isn't shooting at all, lol. But I think i get it, I forgot loopindex was a thing... although I have no idea why your thing isn't shooting so maybe I don't get it...

• Odd, for some reason your new example isn't shooting at all, lol. But I think i get it, I forgot loopindex was a thing.

Have you activated any of the two Groups?

there is a note right there:)

• > Odd, for some reason your new example isn't shooting at all, lol. But I think i get it, I forgot loopindex was a thing.

Have you activated any of the two Groups?

there is a note right there:)

Once again, forgetting that things exist. Yeah, I forgot you could set it to not be active on start so my brain went to setting one disabled at a time and it didn't do anything. Thanks for all of your help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)