grid + pathfinding

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Snap to visible grid - perfect solution for any game genre
  • Hello, I'm looking for an example of how to move a character on a grid and move it with animation when I click with the left mouse button with a path search, it must surely exist but I can't find anything, thank you :)

Tagged:

• It has been asked many times and I provide an example: dropbox.com/s/ibrle5bdb4rhmfy/path_touch.capx

• Oh thank you very much, great example thank you ^^

But I wanted to use the "grid" behavior and it doesn't work with :(

Plus it's too complicated for me.

It's a shame that there isn't an option in the behavior to do this kind of thing.

I wanted to make it like RPG Maker.

Could you please help me?

I'm French though, so I'll translate English because I don't understand it otherwise ^^

Thanks again for your help and your example which works very well but not for what I want to do with it :)

• You meant tile movement behavior? Possible but need some work around. Why not just pathfinding behavior?

• I'd like to make a grid displacement like for an RPG maker, I've already started, I'm progressing slowly, here's my progress, not finished yet but already it's not bad, I'll post my progress soon so you can see what I've done and correct me if needed and help me if you want :)

• Here's where I'm at, it doesn't work exactly as I'd like it to...

When you click between the red squares, normally it shouldn't move, but it does anyway.

When the player is supposed to arrive on the green square, the grid movement should return to On, but I can't, I've done what I can, I can't do any better.

drive.google.com/file/d/18w534bdJQN4j-ZNVt2elzP4Oxtkgmq9U/view

• I didn't get it. Your project just works fine, the player can't go through any obstacle. Is there any game title as reference to understand what you are after?

• No, it didn't work as expected, here it's better but I've had a hard time, now it's just the square worm story that's not working.

If I click between the red squares in the very small spaces between them, which are 3 pixels in size, normally nothing should happen here, but it does!

A game title? no, I just want to move a character with the keyboard and mouse on a grid (tile), I don't know what you call it, here it's a grid, like in the "RPG Maker" software, do you know it?

I can't explain it any better!

drive.google.com/file/d/19QgmVGBATpljvmTKfucsV5VjJjdAzGfh/view

• Well? No answer ?

And why are my 2 conditions with the green squares not met? a bug ?

- when a path is found = ok if not clicked on a red square

- green square "arrived" is visible = *

- green square "arrived" is on screen = *

* = If I click just between the spaces between the red squares, the green square will be destroyed, so both conditions will be false, yet the condition is met, there are blue squares that appear to show the path then the yellow square moves to it, it should not normally do so !

• A fancy control scheme (warning expression extensive!) for both keyboard and touch control: dropbox.com/scl/fi/w6mjtd46p994n4dguweat/4-direction-press-touch.capx

Let me know what you think.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your example is interesting but quite complicated and does not meet my expectations, I thank you all the same :)

• No worries. It just the way I am doing things as efficient as possible I could think off.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)