Google Play Services

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I seem to be having a lot of trouble with regards to the GooglePlay plugin.

When I export my project as a signed debug apk, everything works fine. My game signs into Google Play right away, ads work and in app purchases work.

When I export my project as an app bundle (aab) and upload it to the Google Play Console for release, my game no longer signs into Google Play Services, I can't view the leaderboard, and In app purchases no longer work.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can't imagine why it would work for the debug apk but not the signed app bundle.

• I remember having the same issues. I think you need to properly configure the app and your user account for internal testing. There are some obscure steps which I don't remember, try googling.

Or you can try releasing the game and hopefully Google Play Services will work after that.

• I figured it out finally. Turns out when releasing your app through Google Play Console, they sign your app with a separate SHA-1 key from the one you generate through your apps keystore.

The SHA-1 that google generates is the one that you need to link to your google cloud credential. Additionally, in the Google Play Plugin properties, your Application ID (android) should be the first 12 digits of your Client ID. That eventually fixed the problem.

I created a second credential and named it debug, with its own keystore SHA-1 so I could use that for signed debug apks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)