Google Play not connecting

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • I have a valid testing setup with Google Play, at least everything is greenlit. I have set the Application ID into the Google play plugin.

I tried this but it won't allow me to put / (slashes) into the URL

I feel like this information could be outdated, at least where to find all things.

To do this, in the Developer Console under Game details, find the header that says API CONSOLE PROJECT and follow the link to the API console project for your game. In the API console, select APIs & auth, then Credentials. Notice the Javascript Origins field contains only your final URL; this also needs to contain any preview URLs to be allowed access. Click Edit settings. Under Authorized Javascript Origins, make sure the final URL and the preview URL appear on separate lines.

mywebsite.com/games/myawesomegame

preview.construct.net/local

In the end, when exporting a debug version onto my phone the google play animation starts, trying to login and then just closes. No error message coming from the plugin.

Am I forgetting something?

Tagged:

• The only thing I'm going to use this service is for leaderboard, so my side question would be... Is there an easier way or better-streamlined service that offers this? I don't care if people need to login or not, just that they can input a name and submit a score.

• Finally got it to display an error. The error I get is outputted on failed login --- "4" which means "Sign-in Required". When I compare all my settings to the walkthrough on the google site I have all the right credentials. I can't put my finger on what it is but it must have something to do with credentials, maybe mismatch in SHA-1 key from the signed packaged that the export makes and what google does with it.

While google-ing I found that many are having this problem and fixing it with much harder code-based solutions that are out of my scope.

• I got it to work finally but only when I actually published it as alpha and installed it from google play. I am quite sure that my problem was that I haven't done the preview access authorize right. On Scirra's help site about the Google Play plugin there is some info on how to do this, but I feel like there have been some changes, can't follow along and find the settings.

Somewhere deep in the API settings I found some similar options to change, see post before.

From - construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/google-play

ENABLING ACCESS IN PREVIEW MODE

When testing your project, your game will run from preview.construct.net/local. Since this is is different to the published URL of your game, Google Play Game Services will block access unless you add the preview URL as a permitted location.

To do this, in the Developer Console under Game details, find the header that says API CONSOLE PROJECT and follow the link to the API console project for your game. In the API console, select APIs & auth, then Credentials. Notice the Javascript Origins field contains only your final URL; this also needs to contain any preview URLs to be allowed access. Click Edit settings. Under Authorized Javascript Origins, make sure the final URL and the preview URL appear on separate lines.

mywebsite.com/games/myawesomegame

preview.construct.net/local

Click Update. Now your game should be authorised to be accessed from preview mode as well as when you publish it.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I was having issues with this too. But, I am glad you got things working. The manual needs to be updated. I'm sure scirra is just busy right now. But, hopefully they will go back and fix that section soon.

• Yes, really happy to see something happen but still it's really tedious workflow. Have to debug the leaderboard events by exporting a signed APK and uploading it, aaaand waiting for it to be reviewed every time I want to test something.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)