Getting local currency value with IAP in IOS

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
Ludo Local Multiplayer board game can be played by 2 to 4 players
  • I'm currently developing an app with IAP for IOS. The IAP functions correctly and I am able to purchase the IAP, and unlock content in my app once the IAP is purchased. My one difficulty is in obtaining the local price for an IAP. I've been trying to use "ProductPrice(ProductID)" as is detailed in the Construct 3 manual. I'm obviously doing something wrong because I cannot get this working.

Please note that I've exported my app for IOS as an xcode project. I've then sent it through to App Store Connect and have then put it on my phone with Test Flight.

What I've tried to do is use - MobileIAP -> On store registration success -> System -> Set Global Variable to"ProductPrice(MyIAP_ID)"

I've then tried to set a text control on another layout to the value held by this global variable. All this does is display "ProductPrice(MyIAP_ID)" in the text control rather than the localized IAP price. I'm sure I'm setting things up incorrectly, but it is difficult to know what to do when I can find no expanded documentation or examples for how to do what should be a rather simple task in Construct 3.

If anybody could provide suggestions or examples on how to get a local currency for an IAP in Construct 3 I would be incredibly grateful.

Cheers

Brandon

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Some days I wonder about myself. MobileIAP.ProductPrice(MyIAP_ID) should do the trick.

• BrandonWhitton

How's it going with Android/iOS iAP? Does it work? I'm wondering because now I have to release all my games that were taken off the app store and I was wondering if Construct 3 is now a good tool to do that????

• Yes, it's working fine. I've tested extensively and have had no further problems with the IAP.

• In my testing I keep getting an error popping up (when using C3 runtime to build my apks) When I open the app it has a pop-up error window which says:

"Browser not supported"

"This content is not supported in this browser. Try installing any available software updates, or try using a different browser."

Do you know why this is happening???

I've never gotten this before with Scirra.

• In my testing I keep getting an error popping up (when using C3 runtime to build my apks) When I open the app it has a pop-up error window which says:

"Browser not supported"

"This content is not supported in this browser. Try installing any available software updates, or try using a different browser."

I think this is Webgl issue, maybe the phone that run your apk does not contain webgl enable by default in their native OS browser

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/browser-not-supported-137846

• I'm using the latest version of Chrome as my default browser, is that not it?

• I'm using the latest version of Chrome as my default browser, is that not it?

I am not sure. I think there is a separate browser from manufacture ? like Samsung with browser named "Samsung Internet", mobile Chrome or mobile FireFox is just additional install ?

Some phone just come out with Android native "Browser"

Anyway I think it is a quite out of topic from thread title.. TS will punch me :D LOL

Check C3 Beta release R128 "Bug Fixes C3 runtime: Mobile IAP not initialising properly"

I hope this have something related and solve your problem. Good luck :D

• No one should want to punch you for speaking, are we in jail now or something????

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)