The game crashes. There are some assumptions

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • Faced a popular bug in my game, these are frequent crashes. Through very long trial and error, I still had suspicions that I revealed in testing.

The game often closes completely randomly without any messages, but most often it closes if you change fullscreen scaling to high which was set to low by default, in addition to this - if you turn on screen recording, the game will crash even more. And if you combine quality and recording, then you won’t even enter the game. When testing a game from a PC, the game consumes an average of 450 MB of memory, and when testing on a android device, this is 3 GB of RAM out of 4 available (80%). What conclusions can be drawn? The game crashes even on powerful devices with more than 6 GB of RAM.

I’ll also add that a particularly large number of crashes became noticeable after the transition to c3 runtime, before that there were not so many of them (in c2).

P.S (Before that, the game did not start at all (showing endless loading), I decided this method by removing the preload sounds, but crashes appeared.)

Any guesses please, since the game crashes for almost everyone, but I have a large audience on google play. Gotta fix it!

Tagged:

• Bad optimization

Memory leak

These are my guesses. Instead of guessing you should try and debug your app. Haven't touched this in years so I don't remember the specifics on how to do it but you'll install a debug apk, connect your phone to your pc, and check logcat in android studio.

developer.android.com/studio/debug/am-logcat

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without knowing more, I would speculate that issues like this are graphics driver bugs on the device, which will affect all content running on the device no matter the technology involved. They can be nigh-on impossible to work around and only the device manufacturer can fix them.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)