Flying in mirror

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 and Construct 3 to post on Google Play
  • Hi guys,

I am new and just started with Construct 3. At this point I got a Sprite (plane):

Custom directions

Platform (turn directions off)

So at this point the plane works. It goes up down speed up and down. But when i press right I got the conditions that the plane has to mirror. Than it's starts to get buggy because I use the custom direction.

So if the plane it mirrored and I push up it will take the path backswards up.

I thought ok so maybe I need to let the system know when the plane is mirrored or not. I can make that condition but than it's not possible to add keyboard functions.

Any one got a tip how I can fix this?

Tagged:

• Hi, can you post a screenshot of your code or share your project file? Otherwise it will be hard to figure out your problem

• Thanks I got it solved already but will be stuck soon again :P Thanks for the help

• Ok stuck again.

So I got landing gear for my plane. But if I press G and F in works to enter them in and out.

But I only want to use G to do like a toggle mode.

Than a harder question. This is only right way but when I go left I am using a mirror of my plane from a Frame in the animation bar (1 looks lef.t 2 looks right. 3 looks right has gear. 4 looks left has gear) .

Already made controle that if you press left it sets Mirror to 1. So basically sold the first problem from above with this. Because when Mirror is on and you press LEFT the player images goes to Frame 2 and direction turns 180. I did the same for up down left and right.

But now I want the landing gear to be shown..... Not sure how to fix that.

• To use G as the only key to toggle the gears, set two sub-events under your key pressed action :

If gear=0 > set gear to 1

Else > set gear to 0

For your second problem, I'd need to see the code that controls it and the animation you're talking about, because I don't quite understand it

• I don't get it, how do I set that?

here is a file to what I have made.... please don't laugh I just started.

wetransfer.com/downloads/73ed82dfc2fa867e58a6eaf3bae40ff520210202172515/3d0b015d120f6f32e636de496f59b29620210202172558/2afe5d

Kg,

• Don't worry I'm not here to mock anyone, but there's indeed a lot of minsconception of Construct behavior in you project, give me a moment to clean that stuff

• Don't worry I'm not here to mock anyone, but there's indeed a lot of minsconception of Construct behavior in you project, give me a moment to clean that stuff

Ouch is it so bad :(

• Ok so I need to change a lot of stuff, Custom Movement is not adapted at all to the type of gameplay you're trying to create here, Plateform should be enough, I wont have time to work on it until tomorrow however

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ok thanks you so much. Yeah at this point I am really stuck.

Can you maybe explain how I could use platform only? Or what I did wrong so I can learn as well?

Kg

• Ok so I need to change a lot of stuff, Custom Movement is not adapted at all to the type of gameplay you're trying to create here, Plateform should be enough, I wont have time to work on it until tomorrow however

Hey I have tried but I keep bumping in the same problem. I tried with platform only but than I got trouble with controls and in combinations with gravity.

Hope you can still help me out.....

• Can you describe the exact gameplay you want, that would help

• Wel movement to left right gear up and down is a problem.

The images are not doing wel than and more angles would be better.

It's now stuk on two motions in up and down. Not sure how I can make it like if you press up twice up the airplane changes his angle a little more. So taking of or landing feels more natural.

I used the platform for some of gravity with speed as you can see.

Kg

• That's not what I'm asking, how the game would be played at the end is my question

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)