first person controller

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Small pixel icons for the 3 most popular controller types.
  • Help me to do mouse control! I need a camera like in the first person controller

dropmefiles.com/8NP2I

• drive.google.com/file/d/1d3Vzw4xIhKSQZPw7uGVqVIBPIPrYoKIU/view

(:

Maybe I didn't put it that way , but I need a camera like in the first person controller

• The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

• The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

I need to control the camera with the mouse like in first person shooters

• > The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

>

> If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

I need to control the camera with the mouse like in first person shooters

isn't that what that is doing?

• > > The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

> >

> > If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

>

> I need to control the camera with the mouse like in first person shooters

isn't that what that is doing?

That's what I'm thinking : /, . Maybe is looking for a camera that also moves vertically, and maybe left click to shoot? *shrug*

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > > > The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

> > >

> > > If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

> >

> > I need to control the camera with the mouse like in first person shooters

>

> isn't that what that is doing?

That's what I'm thinking : /, . Maybe is looking for a camera that also moves vertically, and maybe left click to shoot? *shrug*

in this example, it is clearly visible, but my mouse movement is implemented clumsily) I need a clear and smooth movement of the camera.

https://dropmefiles.com/yEWMg

• The file shared looks much better to me, but not what you are looking for?

• The file shared looks much better to me, but not what you are looking for?

look at my source code, I need the camera to follow the mouse horizontally and vertically, not just horizontally.

• > The file shared looks much better to me, but not what you are looking for?

look at my source code, I need the camera to follow the mouse horizontally and vertically, not just horizontally.

That's handy information. Need the button to shoot something as well? I'll take a look at 's source later on, unless they check on this sooner than me.

EDIT: I took some time to play around with this. I'm still very new to working in 3D. All my games have been 2D. I think you are looking to use the "3DCamera: Look at position" action, rather than "3DCamera: Look parallel to layout" action.

I've gotten it to somewhat work. Looks left and right, but yaws the display, then up and down work when the view is tilted. This most likely has to do with the "Look at Z", and the "Up vector" fields in the "3DCamera: Look at position" action, I'm still trying to figure out.

I've got to move onto other projects at this point. But if I have time tonight, I'll tinker around a bit more. I think some trigonometry will need to be involved to get this working properly.

• dropmefiles.com/0z2Ga - Here's where I'm at right now. Maybe someone smarter with 3D cameras can help out further. Like I said, I'm completely new to 3D, so I'm just playing around with the camera options, fields, and expressions. Did some googling, youtube.com/watch , this video may help out

• > > > > The project looks good to me. I'm sorry but, I'm a bit lost as to what you mean by, "First Person Controller"? What are you looking for the mouse controls to do exactly?

> > > >

> > > > If you clarify exactly what you want the mouse controls to do, we can help you out better/easier :)

> > >

> > > I need to control the camera with the mouse like in first person shooters

> >

> > isn't that what that is doing?

>

> That's what I'm thinking : /, . Maybe is looking for a camera that also moves vertically, and maybe left click to shoot? *shrug*

in this example, it is clearly visible, but my mouse movement is implemented clumsily) I need a clear and smooth movement of the camera.

https://dropmefiles.com/yEWMg

Oh... my bad. I didn't realize this was a new upload. The camera in this example looks great to me. If that's what you're looking for, modify your event sheets to use this example you provided earlier? (The one at dropmefiles.com/yEWMg)

• Hey hey . Just a quick heads up. If you haven't seen the updates in the latest beta yet, construct.net/en/make-games/releases/beta/r264

That will make what you are trying to do, much, much easier!

• Hey hey . Just a quick heads up. If you haven't seen the updates in the latest beta yet, construct.net/en/make-games/releases/beta/r264

That will make what you are trying to do, much, much easier!

Hi, thank you so much for your responsiveness! Yes, the new version of C3 is exactly what I needed.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)