While exporting my game for Android, the colors and fonts of the game change. How do I fix this?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Full game Construct 2 capx code source to post on Google Play
  • I made a game prototype and exported this project for Android. However, when I export my game for Android, the colors of the game become darker and the fonts change. I exported the same project for Windows for trial purposes and the same problem was not experienced. To ask you this question later, when I took the screenshot of the game on my phone and put the screenshot on the computer, I saw that the problem was gone. In other words, when viewing the same export from the phone, the colors are strange and the fonts change. However, when I view the same export with Windows, the problem does not appear. Then I decided to open my game with another phone to see if there was a problem with the screen of my phone. And when I looked with another phone, I faced the same problem again. In short, when I look at my game on the computer screen, there is no problem, but when I open my game on my phone, I encounter this problem. What do you think could be the problem? I made some nonsense because I didn't know how to explain it. I apologize in advance. (My English is not that good either :/) (I modified the screenshot with Adobe Photoshop to show you what the problem is.)

Tagged:

• If this is only happening on that device, it's most likely not Construct's fault, it's just the way the device works. As for the font, most devices have a sort of "Default" font, so make sure you pick a specific font for your text, or use a web font (such as FontStruct.com) as those are universal.

• First of all, thank you very much for your answer. I tried with 3 different devices and they all had the same problem. I wonder if I am doing something wrong while exporting my game, but I am still not sure. You might be right about the fonts. I'll try your suggestion. I have now emailed Construct officials for this color issue. If my problem is solved, I will share.

• No problem! Btw I really do recommend FontStruct, it's free and you can find all sorts of fonts, or even make your own.

• If you choose a local font available only on your device, and other devices don't have it, then those devices will pick a different font as a fallback, causing a different appearance. If you want a consistent appearance, try importing a Web Font and using that instead.

The color isn't changing - it's just an illusion caused by the different thickness of the text.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • First of all, thank you very much for your answer. I think I can ensure that the font does not change with the suggestions of you and my friend above. But will this illusion, which I call the color problem, be fixed when I solve the font problem? Is this a general problem? Because it makes the game look pretty bad.

• I used an image editor and checked the actual text colors. They're identical. The color does not change. It's just that sometimes thin lines look different to thick lines.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)