How do I export my game into a working Android APK installation file?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Source code, art assets and music tracks to remake this game
  • Hi, exported a signed APK for my daughters first game she made. I downloaded the Android APK and installed it on my Samsung Galaxy A8 Pro. However when I run the app, it just shows a blank white screen.

Can you please let me know what I need to do to fix this?

This simple game runs fine within Construct 3 -> Preview Project and Preview Layout. So I do not know why it does not work once installed onto my phone.

Any help will be great as I am very new to this and got this for my daughter to learn how to make games. Tks

• we can help if you upload your project file :D

upload it to drive and copy paste the share link here.

• Might be the same issue as here:

https://www.construct.net/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/problem-to-export-game-html-138219

Hi, thanks. My project properties runtime was on Construct 2, so I changed it to Construct 3 and it loads now. But the loading screen is taking too long and then loads (around 60 seconds). Then sometimes it gives me an error like this:

Application Error:

The connection to the server was unsuccessful

(file:///android_asset/www/index.html)

• we can help if you upload your project file :D

upload it to drive and copy paste the share link here.

Hi, I managed to fix the initial issue with help.

However, you can still take a look at it for me if you can. Right now I am having a problem where the default white splash screen is taking over a minute to load.

Also, after the game started fine the first few times, now I am getting this Connection to the Server error every time - that's after waiting for a minute or so for the game to initially load.

drive.google.com/file/d/1Pqx0XBzA1-9w8GrlPvFS6YocMbpALEGZ/view

What I would like to know is how to fix this, so that in the future, I would know how to avoid this.

• you are getting "Connection to the Server error every time" because the URL is not defined in the Browser object's GoTo action.

it only has "http://" it should be a complete address i.e. "http://www.google.com"

• Hi, thanks for the reply. I tried that but it does not seem to work. I am still getting the white splash screen which lasts for around 30 seconds or more now and then the same error shows up. Could it be the app run timeout issue?

I even disabled this Touch toggle and tried it, still same error.

• how are you exporting the apk file?? as cordova project or android debug apk?

for me by exporting via debug apk the game loads within 5seconds and I don't have any error.

my device: samsung galaxy j7

• You use C3 runtime? If so, try using С2 runtime

• i even signed and exported the apk and I have no issues while running it and even when I click on "more games" it is showing option to visit the link via installed browsers on the device.

I'm posting link for the apk I exported and the project file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nZ9_NcCKmTE52qvcyolfbkDZvx-wfw2x

• Hi, I tried the C2 runtime earlier. I am exporting into APK directly from C3. It compiles successfully and I am able to install on my Galaxy A8 Pro without an issue also. It is just when I run the app 90% of the time the screen is on the splash white screen for a long time and when it loads. The few times it did work, the game loaded fine, until I closed and tried to re-open the game. Below are my settings.

• i even signed and exported the apk and I have no issues while running it and even when I click on "more games" it is showing option to visit the link via installed browsers on the device.

I'm posting link for the apk I exported and the project file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nZ9_NcCKmTE52qvcyolfbkDZvx-wfw2x

I tested your APK and it works perfectly. Are you exporting it directly to APK within C3? From my settings screenshots, is there something different which you did?

• I'm exporting it by signing the apk just as you did and I also have checked the "hide status bar" option which will hide the notification bar while playing the game.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, I have uploaded my APK, pls see if when you open it, it shows the white screen. I have tested on my daughters Samsung Tab and have the same problem. Your APK loads the game very fast without a problem. So wondering what is wrong when I export from my C3.

Please let me know if you have the same problem as me when running the game after installing the APK which I uploaded. This way I might need some assistance maybe from Construct developer side to see your export works fine and mine doesn't?

drive.google.com/file/d/1YrWkGr_T-sCA8nmtTDyUyKx3efMC2Ji3/view

• I'm experiencing the same issue with your apk idk what's wrong, but when you first gave me your project I did unchecked the "clear background" which is necessary if the game background is already covered by some image also good for performance.

but now I checked that option to see if there is any difference and I did notice a white screen but the game still loaded without any issue and it didn't get stuck on white screen like your apk does.

if you have done any changes to your project file then pls reupload it I'll compare both mine and your's to see if there is any difference which is causing this issue.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)