How do I export my game as HTML 5 without box2d.wasm? box2d.wasm is an unsupported type

0 favourites
  • 11 posts
From the Asset Store
In this template the music plays without looping in your game
  • Hello!

I'm trying to create playable HTML5 ADS for Google Ads using Construct 3. But when I try to upload it to Google Ads I get error:

MyGame.zip - The following file: box2d.wasm is an unsupported type: wasm. You should remove or replace this file, then try again.

Is there any workaround? Or using Construct 3 is not possible to create playable HTML5 Ads?

Thanks!

• If you are not using the physics plugin, you may be able to remove it. But I kinda suspect it's there because you use the physics plugin.

• Thanks for the reply. Yes, I use physics plugin. So it's not possible to create Ads with physics? Sounds weird...

• It appears to be the case. Not sure if there's a way to get it to work other than straight up removing the physics plugin and utilizing something else to simulate the physics.

• Physics is the main point of the game, so I think it's not possible to replace it with other plugins and keep the same experience

• You'd need to contact Google and ask them to allow the .wasm file type. Construct's physics engine is built using WebAssembly (hence the .wasm file) and so if you use physics, you will have a .wasm file exported.

• I just checked something... did you try the playable ad export? Because that only generates a single html file which includes the box2d wasm (as base64) so there wouldn't be a wasm file.

• You'd need to contact Google and ask them to allow the .wasm file type. Construct's physics engine is built using WebAssembly (hence the .wasm file) and so if you use physics, you will have a .wasm file exported.

Thanks, I'll try, however not sure that they will make an exception for me :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I just checked something... did you try the playable ad export? Because that only generates a single html file which includes the box2d wasm (as base64) so there wouldn't be a wasm file.

Yes, I've tried and in this case the error is that the file is big to upload. (it's about 3 MB, but per their requirements they allow up to 5 MB for all files for a zip folder). So again it's confusing)

• Well that's a little less confusing though. It's perhaps possible to compress it further? Delete anything that you don't need. Compress the images further to make them smaller. Surely you can shave off 2mb...

• Well that's a little less confusing though. It's perhaps possible to compress it further? Delete anything that you don't need. Compress the images further to make them smaller. Surely you can shave off 2mb...

Oh, thanks! Looks like it works in that way, after removing and compressing all possible files I was able to upload :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)