How do I execute an event once, but the contents of this event multiple times?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Change the size and position of everything without calculating anything!
  • Visuals:

[image]https://html5games.info/images/1.jpg[/image]

[image]https://html5games.info/images/2.jpg[/image]

When I run the game, I notice the value 'xx K' above the Houses keeps increasing, infinitely.

I've tried various things. Even tried Functions, but Functions only run once, and they mean it!

I basically want every House that is spawned, to run an event, where it first chooses if the price goes up or down after it's spawned (the 'Wait 2 seconds' delay is just for testing). When the MaxValueIncrease becomes 0, it should stop the increase of the StartValue.

I was also trying to exponentially increase the rate (seconds) that the value goes up or down. So basically, in the beginning it should increase faster and exponentially slow down.

I thought I had it going until I got bogged down with this problem and had to strip it from the code to debug.

You'd think this should work but it doesn;t!

• I suggest using Tween instead. Here is a demo

dropbox.com/s/z52d010zta1fvkv/TweenValue.c3p

• Thanks!! With a bit of fiddling I was able to use different tweens. My code is probably a bit too cumbersome, but I got it to work thanks to your example.

• Hey dop2000 I got a bit stuck at this part, was hoping you could assist me once more?

html5games.info/images/3.jpg

html5games.info/images/4.jpg

The problem is, that even when the sprite House its 'MediumHouse' animation is playing, it still uses the StartValue from 'Trailer' at line 40, instead of that of MediumHouse.

I suspect it might have to do something with line 38, if I disable the part 'On Created' it does use the proper StartValue from MediumHouse if that animation is playing. But then the Arrows visually start switching between frame 1 and 2 really fast, and the value of House, regardless of its animation, always goes down, never up.

Also, if I set the initial animation of 'House' sprite to 'Default' (which are empty frames), the House values always start at 0. Maybe it'll help to know that?

Thanks!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • How do you create the House sprite, with an event? When you create an instance in runtime, "On created" is triggered immediately, even before you select a different animation for the newly created sprite. So in the "On created" event the sprite will have the default animation, which I suppose is "Trailer".

You need to initialize the tween values in the same event where you are creating the house. Or make a function, which you can call after you've created a new house and set the right animation for it.

• Thanks! Took your advice and converted the events to a function. It works perfectly now. :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)