How do I erase a sprite to reveal the image underneath?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • So I have two sprites, A and B, A is above B. I want to erase A, as in you use an eraser and slowly erasing parts after parts of A so that B is gradually revealed.

Could anyone please help?

Edit: To anyone having similar problems, thanks to Maverick1912 I've found a way, but you have to use touch control (the mouse does not work) and keep the sprites at the starting viewport position (0,0).

• You can try to paste sprite A on Canvas above sprite B.

Then when you draw on Canvas, you need to choose the Destination Out for Canvas.

• You can try to paste sprite A on Canvas above sprite B.

Then when you draw on Canvas, you need to choose the Destination Out for Canvas.

Is there anyway to achieve the same thing if I replace sprite B with numerous sprites? Like what if I erase A to reveal more than one sprite underneath?

• Yes, you can.

The sprite A after pasted will look like a mask cover all sprites below.

You only interact with the canvas by erasing it.

• This is what I did:

affectionate-thompson-08e6a4.netlify.app

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • This is what I did:

https://affectionate-thompson-08e6a4.netlify.app/

Could you please elaborate because I can't seem to figure it out? The events and actions would be nice.

• There you go:

• There you go:

I still cannot get it to work. Could you please take a look to see what I did wrong?

drive.google.com/file/d/1wqqW6KHNo_SbohUz43c20B9SCHo4ok50/view

• Hello I changed a bit with your file:

- Set DrawingCanvas size equal your viewport size and move it to position (0,0), I still figuring why it has wrong position of erasing.

- Change Mouse to Touch, I don't know why it doesn't work with mouse.

drive.google.com/file/d/1YhIo6ob_x6J9rj8I2L2HwgTOo-MLmxhz/view

And one non-relative topic question: Are you Vietnamese? :D

• Hello I changed a bit with your file:

- Set DrawingCanvas size equal your viewport size and move it to position (0,0), I still figuring why it has wrong position of erasing.

- Change Mouse to Touch, I don't know why it doesn't work with mouse.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YhIo6ob_x6J9rj8I2L2HwgTOo-MLmxhz/view?usp=sharing

And one non-relative topic question: Are you Vietnamese? :D

Thanks a lot, your adjustments work well, I just need to change some parameters.

However, I found out that it only works if you put everything at the start position of the layout (0,0). This is really problematic as I was trying to put this image revealing section within a larger layout. And it does not work with mouse whatsoever.

I guess I have to make this section its own layout until a fix is found. Oh well.

How do you know that I am Vietnamese? :D

• Thanks a lot, your adjustments work well, I just need to change some parameters.

However, I found out that it only works if you put everything at the start position of the layout (0,0). This is really problematic as I was trying to put this image revealing section within a larger layout. And it does not work with mouse whatsoever.

I guess I have to make this section its own layout until a fix is found. Oh well.

Yeah, when you paste a sprite over the canvas, it should be exact the position you want to be covered.

You can use mouse for normal action like hover.

But the action like drawing should use touch then it will work well on mobile too.

How do you know that I am Vietnamese? :D

I saw your account name and the examination paper in your project, a traditional exam paper of Vietnamese pupils :))

Then I figured out that you are Vietnamese.

And I'm Vietnamese too :D

• > Thanks a lot, your adjustments work well, I just need to change some parameters.

>

> However, I found out that it only works if you put everything at the start position of the layout (0,0). This is really problematic as I was trying to put this image revealing section within a larger layout. And it does not work with mouse whatsoever.

>

> I guess I have to make this section its own layout until a fix is found. Oh well.

>

Yeah, when you paste a sprite over the canvas, it should be exact the position you want to be covered.

You can use mouse for normal action like hover.

But the action like drawing should use touch then it will work well on mobile too.

> How do you know that I am Vietnamese? :D

I saw your account name and the examination paper in your project, a traditional exam paper of Vietnamese pupils :))

Then I figured out that you are Vietnamese.

And I'm Vietnamese too :D

:)))) Honestly I never thought I would find another Vietnamese here!

• Haha, me too.

If you need any help, contact me on Skype: DongNguyen602

Or Discord Maverick#1637

• I will! Thanks again!

• What a nice exchange!

Guys you could also use Clear Rectangle to rgb 0,0,0

instead of pasting destination out. same fx

My canvas is zoomed in and my character walks around so it shifts, idk how to erase like you guys do.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)