How do I make the desert bus ground effect?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • Like this

Tagged:

• It´s generally referred to as "Mode 7" and it seems to be possible with construct, but I only found quite a ton of outdated stuff you may or may not get to work.

construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/effects-31/effect-mode7-55368

• It´s generally referred to as "Mode 7," and it seems to be possible with construct, but I only found quite a ton of outdated stuff you may or may not get to work.

https://www.construct.net/en/forum/extending-construct-2/effects-31/effect-mode7-55368

I've looked at this before. He does provide the effect, but I don't know how to import it into c3. Do you have any idea how to?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Think of Mode 7 as this:

Each sprite that appears 3d is simply getting bigger and it's Y coordinate gets larger as it "gets closer" to the player.

The ground is a simple sprite (the tan color) that covers the lower 2/3 of the screen. All the rocks and stuck can be more srpites that get bigger as the y coordinate increases.

The player never actually moves, instead the button inputs inform how the sprites should move to create the illusion of movement.

For instance, If I press LEFT, all the sprites should go RIGHT.

The road can be accmplished with a series of horizontal strips of road that animation in a similar fashion.

That's how I'd do it in construct.

But honestly, I'd probably switch to Unity if I was trying to do Mode 7, and just make a true 3d game.

Mode 7, like passwords, is a relic of engineering magic needed to accomplish something new tech can do much easier.

Hope that helps!

Each sprite that appears 3d is simply getting bigger and it's Y coordinate gets larger as it "gets closer" to the player.

The ground is a simple sprite (the tan color) that covers the lower 2/3 of the screen. All the rocks and stuck can be more srpites that get bigger as the y coordinate increases.

The player never actually moves, instead the button inputs inform how the sprites should move to create the illusion of movement.

The road can be accmplished with a series of horizontal strips of road that animation in a similar fashion.

But honestly, I'd probably switch to Unity if I was trying to do Mode 7, and just make a true 3d game.

Mode 7, like passwords, is a relic of engineering magic needed to accomplish something new tech can do much easier.

Hope that helps!

Thanks alot.

Hope that helps!

I did it! I used an external plugin but I did it and made it into a game in 1 1/2 day! klopity.itch.io/roadtrip

• maybe with mesh deformation? you draw a huge map and then stretch it and make a floor with it

• maybe with mesh deformation? you draw a huge map and then stretch it and make a floor with it

I originally thought the same thing but it had many limitations. I already figured it out using this plugin kindeyegames.itch.io/funkyquadz-for-construct. I've finished a basic demo if you want to try it out klopity.itch.io/roadtrip.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)