How do I create a tile map that loops vertically and horizontally?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Lets say my map gets created procedurally using advanced random and setting the tiles with the tilemap brush (eg set tile with brush) meaning that everything within the map area looks nice and connected.

However at the edges of the map area (lets say it 512 by 512 tiles for arguments sake) I want them to loop seamlessly with the opposite side so I can effectively infinitely loop around the map if my character continues to move in any direction.

How would I do this part?

Tagged:

• I would have the tiles move with the character, just make sure to keep the tiles inside the characters fov.

• Thanks, but I honestly dont understand what you are saying. Anyway my idea is that I do the following:

• I make a tile map and autobrush the top and left few rows/columns
    • I copy the left most column tiles to the right side and the top row to the bottom.
    • At this point I have a seamless tilemap but with an empty center.

When I try to auto brush the center tiles, the auto brush simply overwrites the border tiles even though I am not performing an any action on these tiles. Is the a way for the autobrush NOT to change tiles that already exist?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the way to do this is to copy TWO strips of tiles top to bottom and left to right and then fill the centre. I will let you know how it goes..

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)