How do I create a map from isometric tiles?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello,

I am currently deciding on whether or not to use Construct over LibGDX for my next project so I am just trying out a few things in the free trial before fully committing.

As mentioned above I have 64 * 64 isometric tiles and want to know how Construct handles the placement of these. Here is an example of a tile:

As each tile is split into 32 * 32 sections, half of the tile is transparent but placing tiles next to each other causes the original tile to be replaced by just the transparent side.

Can Construct handle isometric tiles?

Thanks.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you are using sprites it will work correctly when you tell it which sprites should be in front of which other sprites. It's like 1 line of code.

• I wasn't using sprites. I was actually using a tilemap but I soon realised how the layers work and having multiple tilemaps layered could work.

I couldn't fully test it due to only having 2 layers in the free trial so I think I'll get a membership as I am sure it would work just fine.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)