Create exe files?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • When exporting games there are always many files and folders, I wanted to know how to have only one.exe file

Some time ago I managed it by exporting with nw.js and using InstallForge, but now when I try to create the executable file with InstallForge I get the error Could Not Initialize ResourceEdit library!

Does it look like something has changed?

• Does anyone use installforge and know if it still works? Is it just my problem or is this program no longer suitable for creating .exe files for projects exported with Construct? Anyone know of another method? I can't find any guides for having a single .exe file. Construct seems to necessarily create many folders

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Why do you need only one file? It shouldn't be too much of a problem to have an export that uses multiple files.

You could take a look at this tutorial though.

• Hi Ashley thanks, I'm trying to create an exe because I would like to pass the file to a person every certain progress of the game and a single file would be much more comfortable.

I actually already tried the program you recommended and I still couldn't compile the file.

My biggest concern has actually become that there may be something wrong with the pc, because months ago installforge worked, then I didn't understand if it was my problem or something had changed for everyone.

Now I'll do another test with the tutorial you sent me but I think I've already done these steps correctly, thanks again!

• I succeeded by following this tutorial, another one on youtube made me leave the project file as output with the name changed to boxed , I don't know if that's why I couldn't, even avast had given problems...

But it finally works now thank you very much!

• Hi Ashley thanks, I'm trying to create an exe because I would like to pass the file to a person every certain progress of the game and a single file would be much more comfortable.

Why not just zip the exported files and send them the zip file? You can also use Remote Preview for quick previews over the Internet which might be even more convenient.

• The exe file is cooler XD

But remote preview might be a good idea, thanks!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)