How do I create detailed Tilemap autobrushes and other questions about Tilemaps..

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi, there are currently 2 types of autobrush (Auto16 and Auto47).

I am creating a top down map and Auto16 doesnt seem to satisfy a lot of criteria. The Auto47 ruleset however seems to be completely undocumented and it has three different shades of grey indicating there should be three terrain types.

1.Is there an example of a tileset using the Auto47 anywhere as I can't seem to understand the requirements. The tilesets on the store all seem to be just a bunch of pngs with no actual c3 brush setup.

EDIT: Oh wait I see it. This is the default one that gets loaded as the water part on the right when you create a tilemap object.

2.Is the Auto47 brush detailed enough for most criteria...for example could I have trees in a forest biome meet with trees in a desert biome etc. I guess a couple of Auto47 brushes would help me understand this better.

3. I want to eventually have code use the brushes to create the maps at runtime so using something like tiled is not an option.

Any guidance welcome. Thanks

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)