How do I combine multiple games in one app?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • I have made 40+ games which i want to merge into single app. Is there any way of doing this.

I have only one idea in mind by copying all other game's data into one project

Any one has any idea?

Note that i have also uploaded those games in a website separately.

Tagged:

• Iframes should work. You can add your games to the local files and load them from there.

• Can you explain it little more?

• What I meant is that you just export the project as html, then import the files into your project files and display the game from there. Obviously you´ll need a list of your games of some sort and a way to switch between them by simply changing the URL of the iframe.

I noticed that the projects won´t load properly if you import them (because the folder structure isn´t kept on export), unless you exported them as "playable ad" since that only creates a single file. There are some potential issues with this though (it shows a warning about them when you export) But check this out:

wackytoaster.at/parachute/iframeGames.c3p

I think it´s also possible to add them (as a regular html export) later. So you could export your app with the iframe pointing at e.g. glokar/index.html and just copy&paste the glokar project into the exported folder. I didn´t test that though.

And as a third option, since you have them individually uploaded on a website already, you can just load them into the iframe from there. It may require some server settings (CORS) to allow the content to be displayed in an iframe.

• WackyToaster

if i load games from website then user cannot play games offline. they have to be online always. I don't want this. is their any way so i can download games from website So users can play it offline?

• Hmm not sure if you could download or cache it, but I´d say the solution is what I wrote here:

I think it´s also possible to add them (as a regular html export) later. So you could export your app with the iframe pointing at e.g. glokar/index.html and just copy&paste the glokar project into the exported folder. I didn´t test that though.

As I mentioned I didn´t test it but it probably works.

• first i did test by simply import my exported html project into new project's file folder and in iframe i used url index.html but it doesn't showing preview.

• Probably going to want to put those files in the project files section.

You should test before committing. A game in a game via iframe does not work well.

Multiple games... eeek.

• He probably did that newt. I tried it and it doesn't work because construct doesn't keep the folder structure on export. All project files will end up in the root regardless. That's why I said to export the project and copy the games into the exported project by hand.

Maybe that's something for a suggestion, but in the meantime...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, copypasta multiple layouts ftw.

The iframe method would be good for ads, and that's about it.

• So i have only way to do this is

copy all data including layouts, eventsheets, objects, plugins, etc from other games to single game. but still there is a problem. there are many things which cannot be copied to other project and i have to recreate them like families, containers etc. So is another way of copy paste content from one project to another project, like if possible to do copy paste of eventsheet, layout, family folder from project folder explorer.

• That or just launch them normally.

A web page that points to each web app is fairly easy to make, and there's no reason you can't do that in C3.

• web page! you means webpage url in iframe ?

i want games to be played offline but if i use web pages then users has to be always online.

• 40 games on one page so that they can be available offline. That's not a realistic expectation.

• my idea is to copy one by one each game's object, layouts, eventsheets, etc into one project and rename then according to game name to make sure any object with similar name doesn't ignore original object. I think by doing this merging 40 games is possible.

each game will be on different layout and those are kids games and avg project size is 4 to 5mb each game.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)