How can I check for collision with where a z-elevated object *appears* to be?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm making a 1st-person shooting gallery game where targets pop up randomly in 3D space and players touch-and-drag on their phone screens to move a cursor over the target and fire. I'd really like to use Z-elevation for the targets as I like the easy 3D perspective...but because objects at different z-elevations don't have their collision polygons move or change size, the player's cursor might look like it's lined up with a target only for it to not be considered overlapping it because of the target's z-elevation...

In this mockup, player's cursor is over a target with a high z-elevation, so it looks like they should be able to shoot it there but in reality, cursor and target aren't considered overlapping here!

So is there any clever way I can detect when my cursor object is overlapping a target at a higher z-elevation where it appears to be on the screen, rather than where its actual un-elevated collision polygon is? Oddly, it seems like mouse and touch can detect a z-elevated object where it appears, but object collisions (like with my cursor object) can't...

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)