How do I check collision with Tilemap object?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hi all!

I create block figures (like in the Tetris) as Tilemap objects (active figures). Other figures in the game board are sprites.

I want to find an empty place for the active figure on the game board (free from other established figures). How can I check the collision of my active figure with already placed blocks?

Thank you!

Tagged:

• You can have a variable on your active block and make that chick to see if it is touching any other block. Something like this:

{Block is active; Block is overlapping titlemap; Block is not overlapping Block; has no touch}

{Set block to inactive; Add 1 to score; create new block at x and y} else {send block back to x and y}

hope this helps

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can have a variable on your active block and make that chick to see if it is touching any other block. Something like this:

{Block is active; Block is overlapping titlemap; Block is not overlapping Block; has no touch}

{Set block to inactive; Add 1 to score; create new block at x and y} else {send block back to x and y}

hope this helps

Fuged this is a good plan, thank you! But I don't see the overlapping condition for Tilemap objects. Maybe can I replace it with something?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)