How do I make my character move by rotating a pinned object without it going through other solids?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello everyone, I'm trying to make a movement mechanic where you rotate a pickaxe around the character to do things such as climb, and get to higher places. It's kind of the same as the movement of the deepest sword. The thing is whenever I pin the pickaxe to the character it seems the pickaxe loses its solid properties. This makes it so whenever I rotate the pickaxe to move it instead ends up going through all solids. This probably has something to do with the fact that it will always be pinned to the position of the character so when you put it through a solid it's saying to keep going as the boolean set is still true. Does anyone have any idea to fix this?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Adding Solid behavior to an object won't prevent it from going through other solid objects. Solid is mostly used to work with other behaviors like Platform, 8-diection or Line of Sight.

It won't be an easy task to make the movement like in Deepest sword. One solution is to create an animation where the character is rotated around the sword. Stop the animation when the character's feet (an image point) touches the ground.

Another way to do this is to change the point of rotation. Instead of rotating the sword around its handle, when the sword touches the ground, you unpin it from the character and start rotating the sword around its tip.

Like I said, it won't be easy. I suggest you start by studying a few example games included in Construct 3.

• Thank you that actually makes a lot of sense, btw what you said it is a lot of work is fine as once I finish the movement I will just have to make levels. Thank you very much ill try and tell you if it works :]

• You probably could get pretty close with the physics behavior. Make a joint between the player and apply a torque to the sword. The only downside is you’ll want to do all the motion with the physics behavior since it doesn’t work with other behaviors.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)