Change position externally while using tile movement behaviour

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • I have the tile movement behaviour on my player object, and I want to use the sine behaviour in Vertical mode to give the player a bit of bounce when it walks. But both behaviours are trying to move the player at the same time, which causes issues.

Is there a way to separate the sine behaviour's position from the tile movement's position, or otherwise desync the player's position from the tile movement behaviour?

I've already tried separating the player sprite from the object that uses the tile movement behaviour, but I still need to set the position of the player sprite to keep the tile movement in sync, so I get the same issue.

• Try using a hierarchy for the sprite. You can move the sprite seperate from the tile movement object below while keeping it in sync at relative position.

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/interface/layout-view

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The link says to select all objects and then right click the parent, but I don't see any option for that. Right clicking also clears the selection.

Is this because I have the free version? I don't see any details on the pricing page.

• I'm able to achieve this through the Add Child action in the event sheet, so it seems to be possible in the free version. But it's still strange that it doesn't show up in the editor.

This solves my original problem, by the way. The player sprite now moves independently of its parent. Thanks!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)