how do i change the FOV on 1 3D camera for Normalized z Axis scale?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • its possible to change Field of view for 3d camera in FPS game when i start using Normalized z Axis scale ?

Tagged:

• Yes, under the projects properties panel. Change Z axis scale to regular and the FOV option will appear.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yes, under the projects properties panel. Change Z axis scale to regular and the FOV option will appear.

You mean NORMALIZED OR REGULAR?

When i use normalizet game looks normal, but when i chose Reular and type number between 45 and 90 game on preview looks weirg, all 3d elements are squizzed and field of view are extremaly wide

• When you switch to REGULAR you need to readjust your 3d objects Z height properties (z height not z elevation), so if you want say a cube to look correct make sure the z height is the same as the objects width and height properties.

Also i think an FOV of 90 is quite high, it might produce a "Fish eye" look?

• When you switch to REGULAR you need to readjust your 3d objects Z height properties (z height not z elevation), so if you want say a cube to look correct make sure the z height is the same as the objects width and height properties.

Also i think an FOV of 90 is quite high, it might produce a "Fish eye" look?

hmmm, when option in past was set default as Normalized, all z 3d obiect height looks normal in game

i need just little wider field of view in FPS game, i read somewhere on forum, Defauld FOV is 72 thats why i think 90 should be better.

OMG i have lot of obiect to change if i should readjust z height...

• I haven't made an FPS game, maybe try looking at some of the 3d examples that come with construct and see how the project is set up?

Perhaps someone else knows.

• You can't change the FOV in Normalized Z axis-mode, because it's mathematically impossible.

Normalized mode means that for a 100% zoom, the camera is at Z=100 (the "default camera Z"). To achieve this with any viewport size, it adjusts the FOV to meet these requirements. If you changed the FOV then Z=100 would no longer correspond to 100% zoom, and so you're not using normalized mode any more.

This is why you need to set the Z axis scale to Regular in order to change the FOV - which in turn changes the default camera Z (which you can see in the 3D Camera object's properties).

Normalized mode is designed for 2D games, so my advice is if you are using any kind of 3D view with the 3D Camera object, then you should switch to regular mode.

• Ok understand.

I didnt know i just open and use 'First Person Platformer' template to start making my own game and learn and this template have Default Z axis scale as Normalized. I thought this was how it was supposed to be

You can't change the FOV in Normalized Z axis-mode, because it's mathematically impossible.

Normalized mode means that for a 100% zoom, the camera is at Z=100 (the "default camera Z"). To achieve this with any viewport size, it adjusts the FOV to meet these requirements. If you changed the FOV then Z=100 would no longer correspond to 100% zoom, and so you're not using normalized mode any more.

This is why you need to set the Z axis scale to Regular in order to change the FOV - which in turn changes the default camera Z (which you can see in the 3D Camera object's properties).

Normalized mode is designed for 2D games, so my advice is if you are using any kind of 3D view with the 3D Camera object, then you should switch to regular mode.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)