Cannot load my game from cloud.

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Set of 10 Parralax Backgrounds to make pixel art game.
  • I've been working on my game for weeks. Finished up some progress last night, saved the file.

Today I log in, go to load it and it fails. Please help, this is very demoralizing and frustrating.

I can't even access the file, so I don't know what to do.

This is the screen capture showing my file there in the cloud, saved and time stamped from last night:

This is the screen capture when I click to open it, this is the only error message:

• Try to download it to your computer and open in Construct 3 with Project > Open Local File.

You maybe need to clear the cache to free the memory of C3 then log in again before open it.

• I had given up yesterday because it just wasn't working. Today I try again and it works fine.

I'm happy about that(!) but I honestly did nothing different from yesterday in terms of starting Construct 3 and going to open my project.

The only thing that's different is that the laptop was shut down and started again. Which suggests it is some sort of cache issue or something related to the continuous net connection.

I'm sorry for any problems, I enjoy and deeply appreciate Construct (started with 2 and now using 3) and all you folks do to make building with it accessible.

Thanks

• Actually, should I save my work in some other way? I'm just using Google Drive to do this, perhaps there was some issue with that, come to think of it.

I don't know if it's possible but could I also use GitHub as a repository? It is more stable I suspect.

Or should I save my game locally on my machine? Is there an official recommendation or something.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can save your project to local and then upload to drive later.

When you open local project and save, at 1st time c3 will ask permission to do that, and then it will save directly to your computer.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)