[C3] Google Play services not working properly

0 favourites
  • 12 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello all.

I'm currently posting my first game in Google Play, and want to add login, scoreboard, achievements...

I've configured everything properly, added the scoreboard, created the OAuth, generated the signed keystore, properly added the required IDs, so on.

When I first opened the game using a signed debug apk it worked fine. I was able to login, logout, check my score, and the leaderboard was working fine.

After I closed and opened the game again, the login wasn't been automatically, and when I tried to login it just starts to open the login screen, but instantly closes it and returns to the game, and I'm unable to check the scoreboard.

The only non-native plugin I'm using is the Google Admob Plugin, for showing ads in the game.

Any advices on where to check or what to do?

If more information is required, please let me know.

Thanks in advance

• Ok, so, I generated a new version, unistalled the previous, installed the "new" and it got back working, I tried messing around a little more and it didn't bugged again for now.

Perhaps was something with my phone. I'll try messing with it until the end of the day, if it doesn't happen again, define this case as closed.

Does anyone passed by anything similar?

Thanks!

• So... I tried a little more, and the issue happens when I check the leaderboard, logout, and try to login again.

It is still happening.

Any tips?

• I have several android test devices.

Automatic login works badly only for one device with old and not updated services.

Mostly everything is fine.

• I'll try to get a newer mobile device to test it.

I once again reinstalled the game, worked fine, I checked the leaderboard, all OK...

Then I closed and opened again. The leaderboard stopped opening, and after I logout, I cannot login again.

Is there a way to disable the autologin?

• Honestly as a developer I've become disillusioned with services. I have popular games that earn money.

My tests showed that the addition of services with leaderboards and achievements did not increase retention or other game metrics.

It turns out that I wasted my time.

Perhaps in online pvp competitions it will give a different result.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Good to know.

The issue is that the guy who asked me to make the game wants the integration and leaderboards, so I'll do my best, but explain to him what you said.

Which games did you published? May I take a look?

Mine, for now, is named Super Bounce Boy. Very simple, first time publishing, and needs a lot more polish, adjustments and balance.

• It's gonna be okay.

If you want I can check your apk on several devices.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tankcraft_tank_battle.game

• Good to know.

The issue is that the guy who asked me to make the game wants the integration and leaderboards, so I'll do my best, but explain to him what you said.

Which games did you published? May I take a look?

Mine, for now, is named Super Bounce Boy. Very simple, first time publishing, and needs a lot more polish, adjustments and balance.

Leave it as is and publish it. If the game does not have at least 100 installations per day, there is no point in developing it. We need to make a new game.

• Thanks man!

Btw, I'll try your game. Did you make it on construct entirelly?

May I have a chat with you directly? I don't want make a offtopic conversation.

• Yes, all games are made on Construct3.

You can write to me on mail it is on the page in the market. English is not my first language.

• Thanks man. I sent you an email.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)