How do I make a better control system for a top down plane shooter?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Red Thunder Plane game sprites for side scrolling action adventure endless runner 2D mobile game.
  • Hello everyone :D

I am trying to make a simple 2D Top Down Plane Shooter, something similar to Sky Force game. I implemented a few things in the game, like enemies, power ups and other things, but I have a little problem with the control system.

What I want to achieve is the following: if the player tap anywhere on the screen, the plane will slowly go to the location of the touch.

For that I have the following events:

But with those, if the player touch anywhere, the plane will spawn there from its previous location.

Can someone help me and teach how I can do a better control system?

I tried looking in the events, but all the things that I tried, does not come even close to what I want to achieve.

• Well, you are setting plane position to touch position, of course it immediately teleports there. If you want to move it slowly, the easiest option is to use MoveTo behavior. You can configure its speed and acceleration/deceleration.

Also, I don't understand why you are comparing touch speed. It's only useful for swipes.

So all you need is a simple event like this:

Is in touch -> Plane MoveTo Touch.x, Touch.y

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Wow man :D It really was that simple.

Thanks a lot for the help, I really appreciate it.

Sometimes I tend to over complicate things :))

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)