Best way to have Cutscenes ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hey!

I wondering what is the best way to create cutscenes in my 2D game?

By Cutscene I mean having text displaying, moving characters, playing effect, etc...

I don't want to have to do all this function manually everytime, you can quickly get lost, with the previous software I used, I was used to create some "Cinematics Tool Editor" myself and create all my fonctions, for exemple :

Then in my game, I translate all the data to the right action.

But it's not so easy with Construct to create some Tools/Editor, but maybe there is an easier way?

Wondering if we can have something quite clean and functional with functions?

Thanks!

• You could use a video, or what I prefer to do is create a new set of duplicate sprites of character etc and create an event based system. Bit more leg work, but using the tween behaviour for movement, fades for text etc it works well.

Create a new layer and hide all other layers on start of layout, then add your movements, texts etc, then have a fading black Sprite at the end the size of your viewport. When a trigger occurs to set this Sprite to fade, disable the layer you've been working on for the cutscene and enable your other layers.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I would probably use the timeline.

You can have variables, behavior properties, texts etc. set by the timeline aswell.

construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/project-primitives/timelines/timeline

• Thanks for all your answers.

For now it's going well with Functions, but I'll take a look if Timelines can do the job :)

• but something similar to the system you talked to would still be feasible using constructs functions, calling the mapped functions from a dictonary, json or array.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)