Best approach for leveling/ experience system?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi,

So I'm doing a leveling system for my rpg/ farm sim. And I'm thinking in the following way of doing it:

Explained Array:

critical chance - 10% chance - 20% chance - 30% chance - 40% chance - 100 exp for lvl 2 - 300 exp for lvl 3 - 500 exp for lvl 4 - current exp

And the picture of the array in-game:

Is there a better way of handling this? My implementation rubs me the wrong way...

Tagged:

• It would make sense if the columns were levels, but not sure what you're trying to do here you didn't really explain it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It would make sense if the columns were levels, but not sure what you're trying to do here you didn't really explain it?

If the columns were levels, then I would need one array per skill. If I have 30 skills in the game, would need 30 arrays hanging around, but maybe that is the best way.

• Again you didn't explain what you're trying to do, if you need help with implementation of a design then we need to know the design. One array per skill, what is a skill? If you have certain things that happen per level increase of a player then you could fit them in one array.

• Again you didn't explain what you're trying to do, if you need help with implementation of a design then we need to know the design. One array per skill, what is a skill? If you have certain things that happen per level increase of a player then you could fit them in one array.

Sorry. So I want a level up system for the different skills of the player, critical chance, damage, etc. I want each skill to require certain points of experience:

Level 1 critical chance = 10% chance to crit. 100 exp points required to unlock.

Level 2 critical chance = 20% chance to crit. 300 exp points required to unlock.

And so on.

• You could just do it with events then, if player exp is greater than 100 set player crit chance to 10%, if exp greater than 300 set player crit chance to 20%.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)