How do I Battle System with Pathfinding?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Units do not overlap each other and use different ways if there are several free ways.
  • Hello, i'm trying to create a battle system where the troops are created from both bases and the purpose of these units and destroy the enemy base, in the middle of the way I want these troops to fight a battle and who win, continue your way to enemy base.

If you do not understand my translation (I'm using the translator) here's the C3P that explains the best I want to do.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1CFkWpoTV8wkqmj6XXulTFLPRi3W643Hj

In this C3P shows a little of what I want, but it is very heavy even for my pc (I'm developing for mobile phones), another problem is the AI that is not responding well what I want.

How can I improve performance and AI?

I appreciate the attention

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I peaked at your code and did a quick run. Based on the point of view being more from the side than above, do you need pathfinding?

You could use a hidden sprite to detect when they are in range, and move them to appropriate locations, having them battle there.

You could also probably use a function to handle moving/battling and simply have them continue moving after toward their target, and when they overlap with say a spawnpoint/base, have them perform a different action (aka attack a base).

Otherwise I would check debug mode and see what's taking the most cpu cycles.

Also, regarding improving AI, the event -overlapping another object- can trigger a bunch of different options, maybe with a random function to perform a different attack, like something stronger than a basic attack, or using an ability. If you don't prefer random, you could add an instance variable that adds up over time/attacks performed that then executes the other actions you want to add.

Smarter AI can be anything from extra actions, and performing actions based on state, so for example, low hp, or when another unit dies.

• I peaked at your code and did a quick run. Based on the point of view being more from the side than above, do you need pathfinding?

You could use a hidden sprite to detect when they are in range, and move them to appropriate locations, having them battle there.

You could also probably use a function to handle moving/battling and simply have them continue moving after toward their target, and when they overlap with say a spawnpoint/base, have them perform a different action (aka attack a base).

Otherwise I would check debug mode and see what's taking the most cpu cycles.

Also, regarding improving AI, the event -overlapping another object- can trigger a bunch of different options, maybe with a random function to perform a different attack, like something stronger than a basic attack, or using an ability. If you don't prefer random, you could add an instance variable that adds up over time/attacks performed that then executes the other actions you want to add.

Smarter AI can be anything from extra actions, and performing actions based on state, so for example, low hp, or when another unit dies.

Thanks for the answer.

What would you put in place of pathfinding?

I put pathfinding because of the obstacles that the scenario will have, and also for the units do not stay one on top of the other.

Now for the functions I do not have much experience with them, I will read the documentation and try to do what I said

And the AI I wanted to say was: the units meet intelligently - eliminate the enemy - if there is more enemy in their reach, go to it, otherwise continue to the enemy base.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)