How do I balance out my tilemap?

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Enchanted Forest & Cave 16x16 Tilemap with Environment Sprites
  • Hi folks, possibly weird question here;

I'm working with a downloaded tilemap I got from Itch, and I am a bit stuck- I'm trying to get the tiles to all fit within the same or a roughly equal square in the map box, and for the life of me I cannot seem to do so.

No matter what scale I set things to, there's always a good portion of the tiles that either overlap into another, or just get cut off.

I know how to do this in another engine, and it is much simpler there to be honest- but knowing one thing there doesn't really translate to figuring it out here y'know? I'm having trouble finding good tutorials on this portion, and nothing in the doc mentions what to do when things just don't line up properly.

Help would be appreciated.

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • It would probably help if you shared your source tilemap, an image of what's wrong, what you've tried, or all of the above.

• I've tried adjusting what parameters I can find in the engine, from the size of the tiles to the spacing.

The inserted image is the tileset I am trying to use.

• Seems like a straightforward 16x16, no spacing, no offset to me.

• I tried that, but everything is weirdly overlapping and runs atop each other. I'll keep fiddling with it.

Do all the pieces need to be pretty close together, or is it fine just like that?

• Seems like a straightforward 16x16, no spacing, no offset to me.

I looked in the examples, specifically the charge-shot one as it seemed closest to what I want to make; and I am rather confused by what I found.

It seems like there are options unavailable to me as a free user, which may be part of the problem.

How do I get these blue lines in the tileset? It seems like they are the collissions, which would be real useful- but I don't see an option for it in the toolbar or elsewhere.

• construct.net/en/make-games/manuals/construct-3/plugin-reference/tilemap

A custom collision polygon can be set, or collisions disabled, for individual tiles by double-clicking a tile in the Tilemap bar.

• Beautiful. I dunno why I missed that- my bad.

Think I need to take a break from this game dev stuff, it's getting to me.

Thank you stranger.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)