Animate punctuation text

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Video intro templates for games and game making with Construct 3 made with Animate
  • Hey guys! In my game, the player gets two points for every hit. I would like to animate a text that displays your score gradually, for example: Score is 20, the player hits two points and the text animates 20, 21, 22. I've tried using a variable for the text, as long as it's less than the score, add one, but the value always ends up in float, not displaying the integer, when trying to use the int() command just doesn't work. Does anyone have any ideas about this? Thank you very much in advance.

LogicArts®

• It would be easier to see what went wrong if you posted your project file, a screenshot of events, or even just right click the event and copy as text so we can see what you did.

• In my case I would like the solution to be to animate the punctuation text, I haven't coded this event yet. I made a few tries, but it didn't work. So I wouldn't have images for this. Suppose your score is at 0 and you want it to go to 10, instead of just showing 10, it would be animated by gradually adding, example: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

LogicArts®

• You said you tried something and had trouble with it displaying as a float and int() didn't work.

The answer would be exactly what you tried in your first post, so it would be useful to see if you made a mistake that caused it not to work.

• Got it, I'll recode the method I used and I'll post the image.

LogicArts®

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I managed to find a solution for this.

I added a Tween behavior to the text object and two variables, one for punctuation and one for display in text. When the variable that appears in the text is different from the punctuation, I interpolate the value. At the moment I execute the interpolation (Setting the variable) I use int().

LogicArts®

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)