How do I make the Admob Ads show if the user does not consent?

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi,

I'm encountering quite a problem with the ads from Admob. I'm using the built-in MobileAdvert plugin by Scirra.

Admob is configured, and ads are displayed only if the user presses "Consent". Anything else, such as "Do not consent" or "Confirm choices", does not show the ad.

The ad type is a banner. Test mode gives the same result.

Ads reappear only if "Consent" was selected.

It seems that ads should be displayed at all times, only the difference they will not be targeted. Anyone encountered this? How to fix it..?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That's right.

If a user opts out, they should get non-personalized ads. You can see in the AdMob dashboard what percentage of consent.

Maybe AdMob couldn't find non-personalized ads for you.

• Tried with a couple of users:

Ads are served if the user "Consents" or agrees to all.

If the user does not consent, no ads are served at all.

Yes, they should get non-personalized ads, but nothing is displayed.

It seems like something is not going through. Something isn't right, it shouldn't be like that.

• Both you and Igor has misunderstood how the CMP works. Google will not serve ads to users that do not consent.

This from their Admob FAQ:

What happens if I implement a CMP and users don't consent?

Limited Ads serving applies if there is no consent for IAB TCF Purpose 1 in accordance with the EU user consent policy. Per the Limited Ads "Demand Eligibility" section, the initial offering in limited ads is just waterfall mediation, meaning no ads are returned from the AdMob network.

(Btw, this has been discussed in thousands of posts in the Admob forum (this is not related to Construct in any way). Like this thread: groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/InmLIbFm8Xg )

• (Btw, this has been discussed in thousands of posts in the Admob forum (this is not related to Construct in any way). Like this thread: groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/InmLIbFm8Xg )

Thank you for letting us know.

This is a terrible situation, we are trying to comply with a huge number of requirements that Google has, but it doesn't want to solve developers' problems.

• Yes, this is a quite bad situation indeed. But this has been discussed for a year by developers on the Admob forum, so this should not come as a surprise.

The consent is not about getting targeted ads or not, the consent is for the app to save any data on the device (like a cookie consent), and without this consent then Admob cannot save cookies and then the fraud detection won't work, so the they do not serve ads at all basically.

• As soon as the game starts earning I plug in mediation, so I haven't noticed the problem.

• Thanks for letting me know. It's...frustrating.

igortyhon, can I hope for any tips regarding mediation? In terms of which plugin for CS3 and which services?

Can I contact you through your dev email on the Play Store?

• No problem, write.

But I will tell you right away if your games have not started to earn, there is no point in implementing mediation, it takes time.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)