Adding sequential actions

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Alot of High Quality Items sound effects for your game!
  • Construct 3 doesn't seem to let you add in actions after a condition is placed. I'd like a condition to be activated during a set of actions and then continue on with the actions regardless of the outcome. Is this possible without some kind of workaround?

I've been trying to find a way to get this action to just work after the secondary condition. I may have some kind of error in my code but is this a supported feature or is my logic bad?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If I understand your question correctly, click the function name to select it and press B. This will add another empty sub-event where you can put other actions.

• Your "X is block" check will always have the potential to fail.

Perhaps you could do it like this:

On function weakPunch

- trigger once

---Tyke X is block: blah

---Other action that happens at the same time: blah

• Perhaps you could do it like this:

On function weakPunch

- trigger once

---Tyke X is block: blah

---Other action that happens at the same time: blah

that's what I'm trying to do, but it seems like unless there's a condition in place, Construct doesn't pay any mind to it. If I simply place an empty condition on the same indent as the sub-condition, will it evaluate the sub-condition and then just execute the next section of code regardless?

• If I simply place an empty condition on the same indent as the sub-condition, will it evaluate the sub-condition and then just execute the next section of code regardless?

Yes. The first 4 actions will run, then a pause of 0.1s. Then "Tyke set health" action, but only if the condition is true. And then the other actions nested under the function level, regardless of the previous condition.

• Oh. Well that sucks, lol. I guess it just means I'm coding something wrong because that's what I tried the first time and I got bizarre results. Maybe I need to play around with it more and make sure I'm not making some kind of dumb mistake.

• Check out this simple demo:

dropbox.com/s/4oucc2nsq3s46o4/SeqEvents.c3p

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)