Adding floating/gliding parachute-like behavior to physics object

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I was experimenting with making a side-view physics game, what I have now is really similar to the golf template

editor.construct.net

What I am trying to do is while the ball is in motion the player gives input and the ball suddenly behaves as if it released a parachute. Meaning: it would carry the same directional motion, but would slow momentum and gravitational forces.

Hitting the same button again would "release" the parachute and drop the object.

In-game its supposed to be a seed that grows some dandelion-like fuzz, to clarify the parachute element. I'd also really like to add wind forces but one step at a time.

Also:

I am so much more familiar with doing some of this stuff with bullet behavior, I kind of want to just have the physics object swap behaviors to bullet behavior. But in that case, is there a way to change behaviors but continue the angle of motion?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can make a parachute like behavior by lowering the gravity amount, or applying a small (less than gravity) upward force every tick.

If you change the gravitational force, you're changing the angle of motion.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)