How do I add multiple jumps to an character?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Add SubRip (SRT) subtitles to your videos in Construct 3
  • Hi everyone,

I'm trying to make a Kirby like game, and I've been trying to figure out if I could add multiple jumps to an character but found no success. Is it possible, and if it is, could it be infinite jumps?

Thanks.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Assuming you use the platform behavior: It has the option for a double jump, but not a specific amount of jumps. You can however:

Use a variable to track how many jumps the player has left (e.g. 7) and if the player is in the air and presses the jump button you subtract 1 and use setVectorY (with a negative value). If the jumps left are 0 you don´t. You cannot use simulate control because this checks internally if jumping is possible.

• Assuming you use the platform behavior: It has the option for a double jump, but not a specific amount of jumps. You can however:

Use a variable to track how many jumps the player has left (e.g. 7) and if the player is in the air and presses the jump button you subtract 1 and use setVectorY (with a negative value). If the jumps left are 0 you don´t. You cannot use simulate control because this checks internally if jumping is possible.

Can you make an event example for this please?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)