How do I add a GDPR and cookies dialog consent ?

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for a generic save / load system, fully documented in comments and video
  • Hello

I'm developping a web browser based game (for desktop computers and mobile devices) for a client who needs to tracks analytics with Google analytics and since it uses cookies, we need to have a cookies consent and GDPR dialog displayed when the user opens the webapp for the first time. Cookies are not for advertazing purpose, only for Google analytics.

I absolutly have no clue about how to add this consent request window.

Help would be most welcome

Laurent

• The simplest way is to use the local storage to remember if the consent is accepted AKA "Set item" & "check item exists" actions.

For the pop up message, the simplest way is to have a new layer at the top. Give it a parallax 0,0 to make sure your message doesn't scroll or move around.

Then just have your Text object, button object and Tiled background in that layer. Perhaps at the bottom of the screen (below anchor settings assumes this).

Make sure you use the anchor behavior for all your objects in that layer if you're using "scale outer" for your fullscreen mode in project settings.

Have your tiled background and text object set to Left edge: Viewport left, Top edge: Viewport bottom, Right edge: Viewport right, Bottom edge: None.

Button object just be Left edge: Viewport right (assuming your accept button is on the right), Top edge: Viewport bottom.

Once player hit the button, remember consented and set layer to invisible:

+ Touch: On touched Button

-> LocalStorage: Set item "consent" to "true"

-> System: Set layer "Pop-up" Invisible

+ System: On start of layout

-> LocalStorage: Check item "consent" exists

+ LocalStorage: On item "consent" exists

-> System: Set layer "Pop-up" Invisible

we.tl/t-gpZs0Dhqdt [.c3p file]

Also make sure you follow the guidelines and modify the example file for your needs.

gdpr.eu/cookies

• Thank you very much !

However, GDPR should allow the possibility to select and disable some cookies. Actually, I only have Google Analytics that drops half a dozen cookies in the system, it should be ok. But since analytics is not essential for the webapp to work, it should be possible for the user to disable it.

How is it possible to do that ?

• Assuming you're building solely for the web and not exporting it to a wrapper for iOS(Xcode) and Android (APK).

You can use this plugin by : construct.net/en/make-games/addons/307/google-analytics-handy/documentation

The documentation is here: imcsw.com/2019/07/15/handy-utilities-plugin as stated on the plugin page.

You can use the if LocalStorage: On item "consent" exists, then set a global variable boolean to true, (make sure you created a global variable boolean on the event sheet). All actions that calls for a "send event" from the plugin must meet the condition of this boolean. This also applies to setting it true or false depending on which button the user click/tap, (Accept/decline).

That way, if the boolean is false, which means the user declined to consent, the analytic event will not be sent.

• Thank you ! I didn't know about this plugin !

So, workflow would be this :

- Ask for consentment (yes/no) when webapp starts

- Add "send event" to actions I want to monitor

- When action is triggered, if consent is yes then allows "send event" else forbid "send event"

Plugin use is not very clear :

- Can I give the name I want to parameters ?

• I personally have not used the plugin but I believe those parameters you mentioned can be any string ("text" with quotes). They are for your references to track.

• I personally have not used the plugin but I believe those parameters you mentioned can be any string ("text" with quotes). They are for your references to track.

Thanks for the mention. Parameters are indeed strings, and to send and event is quiet straight forward, just make sure you set up the google ID correctly in the plugin property and that's pretty much it. Feel free to tag me for any doubts.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi

Thanks for your message and offer of help. I will ask in case of problem.

And thank you for this tool

Laurent

• Hi

I played with your Analytics plugin and it works very well.

I'm working on an app that, because of European RGPD law, need to ask user agreement for cookies. If the user refuses, so Analytics info collecting should be disable. I see no way to diseable HandyUilitiesPlugin. Could it be possible to implement this type of action if needed ?

Thanks you !

• Hi

I played with your Analytics plugin and it works very well.

I'm working on an app that, because of European RGPD law, need to ask user agreement for cookies. If the user refuses, so Analytics info collecting should be disable. I see no way to diseable HandyUilitiesPlugin. Could it be possible to implement this type of action if needed ?

Thanks you !

I updated the plugin to be GDPR compliant, now you can manually initialize the google analytics engine.

ppstudiomty.itch.io/ga-c3

• Hi ,

Do you have something similar, but with MobileAdvert? To be compilant with RGPD.

Im waiting for an update of this plugin to work with the last version of Admob, but as i said, still waiting...

I need to disable totally the MobileAdvert if user refuses the consent...

Thank u!!

• Hi ,

Do you have something similar, but with MobileAdvert? To be compilant with RGPD.

Im waiting for an update of this plugin to work with the last version of Admob, but as i said, still waiting...

I need to disable totally the MobileAdvert if user refuses the consent...

Thank u!!

Hi There! Unfortunately, I have nothing for the MobileAdvert developed. I believe the GDPR compliance is already covered by Scirra with the "Show User Consent Dialog". Give it a try.

• Thanks for response,

To be compilant with GDPR, it shoudnt show any advert at all if user says "no" to the consent. All cookies about MobileAdvert should be disabled.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)