How do I have a 3D object follow the direction of the 3D camera?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hello all,

For the game I am trying to make, I am trying to create a game where the cross hair is a 3D object that follows the mouse movement and camera. I have tried having the 3D object follow the 3D camera X-rotation and Y-rotation but it just moves out into the distance and doesn't return. Below is my current sheet of events.

• If you want a crosshair, do this instead:

Add a new Layer, then change the rendering mode to 2D in the layer properties. Or you can just change your already existing UI layer to 2D rendering.

Then just put the crosshair sprite onto the center of the viewport in the editor.

Done.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, but that is not what I need. What I need to happen is the player be able to point in a certain direction for certain events to happen. An example being how I want the player to "punch" a part of the enemy either the head or body, so I need them to aim for either the top or bottom. I'm not making a shooter game so it needs to happen within a certain radius where it overlaps one object, the cursor is pointing towards the part of the body, and then whatever button clicked counts as a hit.

• Ohhh ok.

This isn't something that is easy in Construct, since Construct's 3D support isn't great and even I don't know a whole lot about it, meaning I don't know what to do. (Unless I'm still not understanding what you are trying to do). It might be better to try and get someone more experienced such as dop2000

If I ever find a solution I will let you know, but until then, I can't help much...

• Alrighty then, thank you very much! I'll try to look for more experienced people

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)