Do youu ureally trust Google Chrome?

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Hello,

In chrome you can make C3 a stand alone app.. however google privacy issues

with chrome and gmail and all things google they track and keep tabs on everything..

So I ask you how can I trust them if they are data miners and Iam building a game in a browser that they can spy on?

or am I wrong in this because the articles I read on their privacy make me worried. tracking, collecting and so forth..

What browsers are safe now since you cant run C3 like C2 as a stand alone which I much prefer.

Make it Stand alone again!!!

Thank you for any advice here..

Kosh

• Which privacy issues?

• they track you as well as using their software gives them the right to collect what you do in their software.. so in other words..???

I was hoping to hear from one of the scirra people on this since they went from

stand alone to browser..

• I agree with the privacy issues regarding Google. They are everywhere: on our phones via Android and Chrome, on our desktops via Chrome, and on 90% of the internet pages we visit via Adsense, Analytics or Google Fonts etc.

But can't Construct be used on other browser besides Chrome? There is for example Chromium, which is the open source (non-Google) version of Chrome.

• What do you mean by they track you? Ads? Searches for sales on tinfoil?

What do they track in an editor?

You are aware that this is a HTML5 engine? Every export till the end of time will rely on some sort of browser technology.

• So I ask you how can I trust them if they are data miners and Iam building a game in a browser that they can spy on?

or am I wrong in this because the articles I read on their privacy make me worried. tracking, collecting and so forth..

What browsers are safe now since you cant run C3 like C2 as a stand alone which I much prefer.

While my opinion that your paranoia is a little excessive, I won't completely dismiss that you genuinely feel that way.

Check out the Brave browser. It claims to be more secure and also allows you to make C3 a standalone.

• Thank you for the response..

Love the paranoia part.. yeah to work in this business you better be touched a little..LOL

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I did not get your issue clearly what you wanna ask?

• Upon reading about googles practices with our info and data, it is said that whatever you do in chrome they have a right to know so I was concerned that if I use chrome for C3 that my work would not be private and I would have to share with google what I do in their browser..

FireFox seems ok and Brave Im Leary of atm...

So I was asking the community if they had heard about this as well as any problems in using chrome or google products for your work?

Iam asking Scirra team also..

Just a little paranoia but someone has to ask so I'm asking.

To be honest I prefer the stand alone app over the browser because I may not have an internet connection from time to time and that offline work has problems to it.. not that it doesn't work just that if you go offline and need to make adjustments or add a add-on while in offline mode, may not work till you are back online.

This was a bug that was being worked on yes?

Either way.. hope everyone has a great week and makes some money!

Kosh

• Just some food for thought from a different point of view, not that I care to change anyone's mind.

If somebody is able to monetize and profit from my data, just for the fact that I exist, in a way that I would not be able to even if I kept my data to myself by not allowing access, why not? In return I get to use many useful services and products for free.

I'm not losing any time, money, or effort for existing and having my data collected. I certainly wouldn't gain any of those things if I didn't, and in fact it takes more effort and sacrifice in terms of resources I am able to utilize, just to keep my data to myself, which isn't worth anything to me to begin with.

Unless some extremely illegal activities are involved, or the person has a habit of regularly making mortal enemies online. Then maybe those would be bigger reasons to keep one's data private.

• If you're really that paranoid about Chrome just use a different browser. C3 is supported in quite a few.

• oosyrag

In general I tend to agree with your sentiment. But we seem to live in pretty curious times, in which just saying something politically incorrect can get you cancelled across a wide range of online platforms. For example stating certain obvious biological facts seem to nowadays be considered "hate speech" and can get you de-platformed. In such times we should pay a bit more attention to privacy, especially when it comes to the big tech behemoths.

• Keep in mind that there are ways to mitigate the privacy issues, even in Chrome.

At least for now.

• In chrome you can make C3 a stand alone app.. however google privacy issues

with chrome and gmail and all things google they track and keep tabs on everything..

So I ask you how can I trust them if they are data miners and Iam building a game in a browser that they can spy on?

The NWjs team is doing a great effort when it comes to removing all attempts of Chromium calling home, so the C3 Desktop version might be something to check out. It also cuts out a lot of browser "bloat" and limitations. I'd also recommend Brave Browser in general (for now at least).

• Thanks for the response.. Iam not familiar with

NW.js

Is this a browser made with Java Script?

Sorry.. is this a browser used for C3?

Im a noob.. gonna have to walk me through it..

Thanks again for the reply and looking forward to your response..

kosh

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)