Wront Touch coordinates when keyboard is displayed on iOS?

0 favourites
  • 1 posts
From the Asset Store
Total customisation of the input! You can combine inputs from all peripherals. Make your game accessible for everyone!
  • Hello there,

I have an issue (which looks like a bug but I might be wrong?) with getting layout coordinates of a Touch when the keyboard is displayed on my iPhone.

I need to get the layout coordinates when the user performs a Touch on the screen. To do that, I use the On any Touch Start trigger. Then, I get the layout coordinates using Touch.X and Touch.Y. When no keyboard is displayed on my iPhone, everything is working fine, I get the proper layout coordinates.

However, when the keyboard is displayed on the screen (in that case, because a text input is focused), Touch.Y returns a wrong value as long as the keyboard is displayed on the screen. For example, if the user touches the top-left corner of the layout, instead of getting a X,Y of 0,0, I will get something like 0,-180.

It actually looks like the Touch.Y value is equal to what it would be if the keyboard wasn't displayed on the screen and if I touched at the exact same position on the screen, which I guess isn't the expected behavior, right?

Would you have any clue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)