Why is my repeat event not working?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • I am probably forgetting something but I can't seem to get my event to repeat. I have been trying many different setups and sometimes it would play through it once but it will not repeat. Also if I set repeat to Infinity then the game won't even load.

Any ideas why or possible resolutions?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you add a browser->log action in each loop I'm sure you'll see that it is repeating.

What's happening here is you're doing the same thing 10 times at the same time, so it won't look like it's repeating.

Not 100% sure what you're trying to do here; are there 10 Talking objects - each with a unique frame - that flashes? If so, you need to pick each one according to loopindex.

If you're trying to have the same object flash 10 times, you need to add a Wait action at the top of the loop. Wait loopindex*10 seconds or whatever works.

For a bit more control, you might want to add a Timer behaviour to the object.

• Wait does not work in loops as you might expect.

construct.net/en/tutorials/using-wait-loops-454

• GeoffB

I'm really new at all this. But I have a character on screen and I was just trying to get his dialog box to just pop up every so often.

I have one object/sprite of the dialog box and it has 8 animations. So I wanted it to pick one randomly and show it and then go away and then later pick another randomly. And I wanted this to just be ongoing.

Hope that makes sense.

• Just use every x seconds. If you use wait in action just remember to set every x seconds higher than total sum of wait. Dialogue panel should handle differrenty from this to maintain project better. But if this works for you just go with it.

• Thanks alextro

I was afraid of the every X secs and the wait time overlapping and causing some graphical issues but it seems to be working fine. Although Id like to learn more with repeating events. Perhaps, in the future.

Thanks again.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)